Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle Fire

What do you think of the Kindle Fire?

It's funny that bloggers and reporters always want to use the word killer....as in iPad Killer. I highly doubt the Kindle Fire will kill the iPad....it's not even in the same class. I think the Fire will open up a new market. First of all, it will probably be an upgrade for all previous Kindle owners. And also, I think a lot of people who were never planning to buy a tablet will buy this thing, considering the low price. It's almost a no-brainer if all your media is stored at Amazon.

What do you think?
    kiddori

Re: Kindle Fire

What I'm seeing is that it's the gateway to the on-line store. It's designed to make it that much more attractive to buy from Amazon. (It comes with a premium membership that reduces shipping costs.)

iPad killer? I doubt it. Apple store killer - it's a threat. By extension, it could further threaten the brick and mortar stores.

Given the price, unless Apple comes out with a cheaper 7" iPad, I do think it's going to pull in a significant crowd that have passed on the expensive iPad. It could superseded the iPad in numbers.

Historically, I don't think Apple has ever been "killed" by another product. Yet many times they're the first and get surpassed by the cheaper imitators. Given the current iPad price, it sure seems like they're leaving lots of room.

Comment

The Apple Lisa was killed.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

My take on this is that the public is being presented with a parade of underpowered gadgets . In a year or two the Goodwill stores will present examples of stuff that is very affordable.The same stuff people are rushing to get today will be available later for pennies on the dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          The Apple Lisa was killed.
          I don't think the Lisa ever really went anywhere. I'm asking if a Apple product ever became successful and then was killed off by the imitators? I can't think of any. Sure, eventually it falls too far behind and is replaced by another model.

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
            My take on this is that the public is being presented with a parade of underpowered gadgets . In a year or two the Goodwill stores will present examples of stuff that is very affordable.The same stuff people are rushing to get today will be available later for pennies on the dollar.
            Isn't this true with all technology? I don't see Kindle Fire as underpowered compared to anything else in todays market.
            kiddori

Comment

Working...
            X