Dish Network in Kaneohe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dish Network in Kaneohe?

...and having worked for TWC,subscribed to Dish and Direct,it's Direct by a mile. Better everything for less

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
      Yes. Here's a site that will give you a Google map with a pointer from your house to the satellites:
      http://www.dishpointer.com/
      Awesome tool. Thanks! Unfortunately, it looks bad for me. There's a permanent obstruction that direction and elevation. :-( It will be a close call.

I guess when I make the decision whether to switch, I'll just have the Directv installer double check.

Thanks all for your replies. I guess the only thing I would miss by switching would be OC16 but that's doable.

Thanks!

Comment

Opps!! Before signing any contract with DirecTV, potential customers should wait and see how the sat provider's carriage dispute with FOX turns out. On Nov. 1, FOX cable channels will no longer be beamed to DirecTV's subscribers. This would include FX, National Geographic Channel, Speed, as well as the regional sports networks (FOX Sports West, Prime Ticket, etc.)
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Dish Network has had similar disputes with Fox carriage as well, just a year ago in fact. That appears to be one of the facts of life that satellite subscribers will have to face, especially when Fox is involved as a content provider; they aren't the only ones, but they do have a noted history of getting into shakedowns with pay-TV systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Dish Network has had similar disputes with Fox carriage as well, just a year ago in fact. That appears to be one of the facts of life that satellite subscribers will have to face, especially when Fox is involved as a content provider; they aren't the only ones, but they do have a noted history of getting into shakedowns with pay-TV systems.
            True enough. These feuds between the networks and the cable/sat providers are fueled by each other's greed to maximize their own profits. And who are the ones that suffer? The consumers, of course.

Well, the time is coming quickly whereby consumers will begin dumping both cable and satellite because of this thing called high-speed internet. Netflix, Hulu, and the sports leagues are making more and more entertainment/programming available online over devices like Roku, Apple TV, and of course, laptops/tablets/smartphones. These "middle men" of televised entertainment (i.e. DirecTV, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable, and the networks) had better wake up and smell the coffee, because there will come a time when people will say to those guys, "Up yours! Who needs you clowns anymore?"
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Absolutely, FM. The paradigm is shifting faster each day.

Comment

A major downside to using my computer for TV is that there is two of us in the house and I may wish to be on HawaiiThreads while she wishes to watch TV.
                Or some such scenario. You know what I mean?!
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                  A major downside to using my computer for TV is that there is two of us in the house and I may wish to be on HawaiiThreads while she wishes to watch TV.
                  Or some such scenario. You know what I mean?!
                  Nothing a X-Box, Play Station, Wii, Roku, or Apple TV box can't fix.

Comment

Working...
                  X