Community colleges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community colleges?

Do they have those on the island of Oahu or just UH? Technology centers as well? I am interested in a future career in X ray technician or surgical scrub tech and am having problems finding out if those classes can be had on Oahu.

Thanks!
    If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Re: Community colleges?

you can all this information you're seeking today by doing your own web searches. All the info is on the net. Why be lazy and keep asking everyone else to do your research for you? Sorry, don't mean to be rude but............just sayin'.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

There are 4 community colleges on the island of Oahu and they are part of the University of Hawaii system. These colleges are Honolulu Community College, Kapiolani Community College, Leeward Community College and Windward Community College.

I think Kapiolani Community College is the school that might have the courses that you were initially intersted in.

Comment

If you didn't mean to be rude, you wouldn't have said anything at all.

Thanks Helen. I ended up finding the same ones. I was searching those fields via colleges on Oahu and coming up with nothing and that is the only reason I asked here, not out of laziness.
        If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

There's Hawaii Pacific University. They have some medial training, but I didn't see anything in those fields.

Hawaii is small enough (about 1.3M total population) that I don't think there's much room for competition in anything that requires specialized equipment.

Comment

Bellevue College is an outstanding way to go to the mainland and return to Hawaii
            with a better understanding of why Hawaii is so cool.

Comment

Another idea could be to see if you can get any information from hospitals. Maybe contact their human resource depts, and ask what qualifications/licenses they require for the professions you are interested in. And, ask them where the appropriate training can be acquired in Hawaii.

Hawaii hospitals

Don't bother with St.Francis hospitals though. They are going out of business and laying off 900 employees. It might not be the best time to try to break into the medical professions right now in Hawaii, there are going to be a whole lot of qualified workers seeking jobs.
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
              X