Hawaiian Tel TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Tel TV

Hawaiian Tel tv is a bit of a unicorn, but on the surface, the HD offerings seem decent. I wonder if NFL Network is an add-on or part of the base package? If it's included, I'd be tempted to switch even though it's not significantly cheaper than OTW. http://www.hawaiiantel.com/tv/TV/Wha...7/Default.aspx

Re: Hawaiian Tel TV

Poking around the site, the base package "Advantage" is $59.95/mo and does include the NFL Network as seen here.

Looking at the bundles, I could save $20/mo over what I'm doing now with HawTel/OTW.

Comment

So how does the TV signal gets to you via Hawaiian Tel? Does it come through the telephone jack?

Comment

Darn good question. I'm hearing that HawaiianTel is running fiber in the neighborhood. Poking around the links on their site, I'm guessing it's via VDSL which can support up to 52Mb/sec. (if which they'll let you have 21 for computer connection.)

Comment

They're advertising Internet connections of 21 mb in their bundles.

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          Darn good question. I'm hearing that HawaiianTel is running fiber in the neighborhood. Poking around the links on their site, I'm guessing it's via VDSL which can support up to 52Mb/sec. (if which they'll let you have 21 for computer connection.)

Comment

Today, all these Hawaiiantel.com links lead you to a Go Daddy site offering that domain for sale. Whoops!!!

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in an ISP/telco when their home pages are down like this.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

(once again - never mind)
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

www.hawaiiantel.com works fine. Plain ol' hawaiiantel.com doesn't. Looks like they haven't set up their DNS correctly.

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                Today, all these Hawaiiantel.com links lead you to a Go Daddy site offering that domain for sale. Whoops!!!

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in an ISP/telco when their home pages are down like this.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
                  They're advertising Internet connections of 21 mb in their bundles.
                  Right. 21 Mbit for computer use, but it's getting a higher rate into the box to support up to 4 streams of IPTV in addition to what it's giving you for your computer.

www.hawaiiantel.com works fine. Plain ol' hawaiiantel.com doesn't. Looks like they haven't set up their DNS correctly.
                  Yup, I think that's it.

Comment

Hawaiian Tel tv is a bit of a unicorn, but on the surface, the HD offerings seem decent. I wonder if NFL Network is an add-on or part of the base package? If it's included, I'd be tempted to switch even though it's not significantly cheaper than OTW.
                    As Gecko said, the NFL Network is listed in HawTel's Advantage package,... but the Redzone Channel isn't.

HawTel offers a nice assortment of channels for the college fan, but they fall short bigtime when it comes to pro sports. They don't have any of the out-of-market broadcast packages, like MLB Extra Innings or NBA League Pass. Heck, even Playstation 3 users can access NFL Sunday Ticket, MLB.TV, and NHL Gamecenter Live. With a good internet connection, the PS3 will yield streams that are near HD quality.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X