UH Warriors vs Idaho Vandals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warriors vs Idaho Vandals

Hawai‘i accomplished two major milestones for the first time this season on Saturday. First, they won on the road after three failed attempts in a game televised on ESPN Plus. The Warriors are going to need this confidence builder as their final road game is against Nevada — currently undefeated in WAC play. Secondly, they played four quarters on special teams. While evidence Tomey had turned the tide surfaced against New Mexico State, it wasn’t until yesterday that it appears they have finally cured what ailed them. Kenton Chun even made a clutch field goal that won the game for UH. It wasn’t pretty — the O-line allowed several sacks of Moniz that had him throwing on the run all game. But they can build on this.

Final score: Hawai‘i 16, Idaho 14.

Now if we can just get Oceanic Cable to send local broadcasters to the mainland instead of just taking suspect satellite feeds from regional television.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: UH Warriors vs Idaho Vandals

I don't know if the game was available on espn3, but it seems after a few years of no free UH games, it's a failed experiment, and they've thrown away their product.
    Team support and interest has not been sustained by the fans who've moved on.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Idaho led UH almost the entire game, until our field goal in the final minute. Yes, we won... but barely, and over a lowly Idaho team whose record is 1-7.
      Not exactly a win to be proud of.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        Now if we can just get Oceanic Cable to send local broadcasters to the mainland instead of just taking suspect satellite feeds from regional television.
        Tunnl, I don't think it's as simple as Oceanic casually telling ESPN, "Hey Buds! No thanks with your broadcast feed for this game. We'll just send our own announcing team and camera crew to cover this game for our subscribers." Safe to say, the issue is bit more complex than that, with all the money that ESPN is paying to the WAC for TV rights to these conference football games.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X