Help: I Need to Make Two Cars Disappear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: I Need to Make Two Cars Disappear

Hi. I have two vehicles in my possession, both of which I need to get rid of.

Vehicle #1 has been parked in my driveway for eight years (I have a hard time letting things go). The body's in excellent condition but the engine is probably toast and the clutch is bad. Because I haven't been driving it, I haven't paid the registration on it for all this time. I can't find my pink slip for this car.

Vehicle #2 has been my ride for a few years, but I haven't paid the most recent registration on it because I've been planning to get rid of it (it's a stupid reason, but there it is). It runs, but it overheats after fifteen minutes of driving, so I've only been using it for errands close to home. I also can't find my pink slip for this car. That sounds suspicious, but I assure you that I or members of my family own these vehicles; I'm just lousy about keeping track of paperwork.

I'd like to get rid of them both without having to deal with the back-fees on these cars. I'm worried that trying to get replacement titles will mean having to square-up with the county on the registrations, so ideally (unless someone has a better solution) I'd like to just GIVE them to someone who will break them up. Anyone got pointers on this?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Help: I Need to Make Two Cars Disappear

If you're planning to have a private party take one or both cars off your hands, it would help if you would actually state the model and year of your vehicles. Pictures would also be helpful, if you think that they are still in good enough condition to be either fixed or parted out. Posting this info on Craig's List would be a good start.

If all else fails, you can always follow June Watanabe's advice.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/200...kokualine.html
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Sure had me fooled, scriv! All this time I believed you were a responsible member of the community.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Will "Mythbusters" be filming on O`ahu anytime soon? (Grant visits there regularly.) I understand a certain amount of C4 will do the trick.

Comment

At the back of Waikane Valley Rd. we had a car eating hou bush, stick the car next to it and a month later... gone.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

The back registration can kill you during driver license renewal time. Big bucks depending on the number of years I think. $$$$
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I thought of you when I saw this. Just be careful dealing with craigslist offers.. might be some kind of scam or catch.

Free Removal of Vehicles:
              http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/zip/2706470759.html

Comment

Oh well, sorry... I see the craigslist post has been removed. I know it was a towing company, but can't remember the name.

Comment

Me TOO!~

I have a 1990 Toyota Sienna.
                  The body is in relatively great shape (some minor scrapes),
                  BUT, the engine is burned out due to a low oil indicator which was not working.

With a new engine, this would be a great car.

For $1000,it is yours. Great body, no engine. First call, first served.
                  Parts,o whatever, it'[s a bargain!

239-6990

Call 239-6990 if you are interested (after 10am, beore 11 PM.)
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                    Me TOO!~

I have a 1990 Toyota Sienna.
                    The body is in relatively great shape (some minor scrapes),
                    BUT, the engine is burned out due to a low oil indicator which was not working.

With a new engine, this would be a great car.

For $1000,it is yours. Great body, no engine. First call, first served.
                    Parts,o whatever, it'[s a bargain!

239-6990

Call 239-6990 if you are interested (after 10am, beore 11 PM.)
                    Do you mean Previa?

Comment

Working...
                    X