Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Penn State Child Abuse Scandal

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    Joe Paterno gave one of the nominating speeches for President George H.W. Bush at the 1988 Republican Convention. He also spoke at length at the Bush-Cheney campaign rally at York PA on July 9, 2004.
    I'm no supporter of Bush 41 or 43. But c'mon, let's be fair about this.

Prior to Jerry Sandusky's arrest in November of 2011, Joe Pa had the general public fooled as to the kind of person that he really was. Only a very small inner circle at PSU were aware of the Hall of Fame coach's efforts at cover-up.

If you or anyone else had any inkling of Joe Paterno's true character prior to November of 2011, then I want to see it in writing. Otherwise, this kind of finger-wagging is laughable.

I mean, lambasting Bush 41 for having Joe Pa give a nomination speech some ten years before he was first aware of Sandusky's criminal conduct.... don't you think that's more than a little ridiculous?

And if we're gonna hold politicians responsible for knowing the true characters of their supporters before their dirty laundry is aired, then let's make it clear that this is not just an issue for the GOP. Or have we already forgotten about Obama seeking the support and endorsement of John Edwards several months before the former NC senator admitted to concocting an elaborate scheme designed to cover-up an affair with a campaign worker, which resulted in the birth of an illegitimate child.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...ff-nalley.html

NCAA stands for No Class at All.

Comment

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_fo..._will/11239315

I disagree with the writer of the article about the danger of an angry mob coming to take down the statue. An angry mob took down the statue of Saddam. If people want to defend the statue against the angry mob. It's fair to have a skin on skin fight between the two groups and whoever wins like a game on Saturday.

Comment

Valid criticism. I guess I was trying to point out the hypocrisy of claiming to be so righteous and pure in public while falling so short in reality. Here is a good example: Huffington Post reports Bain invested in Stericycle, a company whose business it was to dispose of dead aborted fetuses, yet we see the pose of moral righteousness of the totally pro life owner of Bain and therefore the owner of Stericycle. That might be one reason Romney is not releasing more tax returns. Just because Huffingon says it doesn't make it true, it would be interesting to see some confirmation. Maybe the tax returns would help, I mean if there is nothing to hide.

Wasn't Saddam's statue torn down by US Marines tanks? It would probably be best to take Paterno's statue down in the dark of night like the Soviets removed Stalin from Lenin's tomb. Paterno is on his way to becoming a non-person.

Comment

Huffington Post reports Bain invested in Stericycle, a company whose business it was to dispose of dead aborted fetuses, yet we see the pose of moral righteousness of the totally pro life owner of Bain and therefore the owner of Stericycle. .
            Not only that.......Romoney has been saying that he is going to get tough with China, yet he outsourced overseas the uniforms that the Olympic torchbeareras wore (over 1500) to Myanmar (a brutal military regime) when he was president of the US Olympic Committee. He now refuses to condemn the outsourcing of the current Olympic teams uniforms to China. How can he? that would be like the pot condemning the kettle.

But to get back on topic, Paterno, Sandusky, and other PS officials are despicable for the same reasons as Romoney. It is okay to look the other way as long as it benefits ME.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

All I have to say is that anyone who abuses children should reside in the lowest and most painful of the hells (if they exist) forever.
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...-statue-071812

But for how long?

Comment

sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-announces-penalties-penn-state-including-four-bowl-131754169--ncaaf.html

Very heavy penalties against Penn State for the sex abuse scandal. The sad part is so much of the penalty is falling on players and others who were not in the least involved, but I guess if an institution is being punished it must inevitably fall on innocent individuals. I do feel sorry for the innocent in this. All the innocent.

Comment

The NCAA should have vacated all the football seasons from 1998 to the present. Joe Paterno was coaching during those years. He wasn't supposed to be there. It's like those movies about time travel where the plot is to kill Hitler. How would that change history?

Comment

Very heavy penalties against Penn State for the sex abuse scandal. The sad part is so much of the penalty is falling on players and others who were not in the least involved, but I guess if an institution is being punished it must inevitably fall on innocent individuals. I do feel sorry for the innocent in this. All the innocent.
                      You do know that all the current football players at the university have been given the green light by the NCAA to freely transfer to any other school without jeopardizing their eligbility, right? Even the Big Ten conference is waiving its normal restrictions on scholarship athletes transferring from one Big Ten school to another. So far as I am concerned, if any PSU player still wants to compete for a bowl game and a national championship, there's nothing stopping them from achieving those lofty goals at another school. All those players who remain at PSU do so by their own choice. Therefore, there are no victims as far as the current crop of student-athletes go.

And before anyone starts talking about the "hardships" that the current student-athletes will go through in order to transfer out of Happy Valley, let me just say whatever troubles or inconvenience they experience is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compared to what Jerry Sandusky's victims have gone through.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        You do know that all the current football players at the university have been given the green light by the NCAA to freely transfer to any other school without jeopardizing their eligbility, right? Even the Big Ten conference is waiving its normal restrictions on scholarship athletes transferring from one Big Ten school to another. So far as I am concerned, if any PSU player still wants to compete for a bowl game and a national championship, there's nothing stopping them from achieving those lofty goals at another school. All those players who remain at PSU do so by their own choice. Therefore, there are no victims as far as the current crop of student-athletes go.

And before anyone starts talking about the "hardships" that the current student-athletes will go through in order to transfer out of Happy Valley, let me just say whatever troubles or inconvenience they experience is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compared to what Jerry Sandusky's victims have gone through.
                        Extremely well said, and spot on.

Thank you! Mahalo!
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment