Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My name is Brah

Default My name is Brah

Some people have pointed out that perhaps I didn't start my coming into Hawaii Threads with a proper attitude. I would like to change that with this post.

Aloha,

My name is Brah
    I want to share in a culture of like-minded people interested in preserving native culture, religion, values, way of life, etc. Where may I meet more people like that, of Hawaiian origin or not?

Smile Re: My name is Brah

Howzit Brah!
    Aloha E komo mai
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Smile Re: My name is Brah

Aloha Brah!

Welcome! Im looking forward to reading what you have to share!

TG
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Default Re: My name is Brah

"Brah" has been replaced by "guy" by the pidgin speakers on Kauai.

My name is Mike. Hi.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Quote Originally Posted by brah View Post
    Aloha,

My name is Brah
    I want to share in a culture of like-minded people interested in preserving native culture, religion, values, way of life, etc. Where may I meet more people like that, of Hawaiian origin or not?
    Malo'e lelei, Brah. Ko huku hingoa fakaTonga ko Mui Houma. Malo'e lava mai. (sorry, I speak Tongan, but interested in Hawaiian language).

We are now making progress! I am very interested in what makes you proud to be Hawaiian. I am also interested in what indigenous Hawaiians think is the best way to preserve Hawaiian culture, religion, values, and way of life. You have come to the right place to discuss these things in a respectful dialogue. Please tell us more, this is an important topic.

ofa 'atu
    matapule
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Matapule,

Mahalo!

I feel this article points towards the solution for us Hawaiians. Us Hawaiians need to re-instate our Spiritual Myths in such a way as it is relevant to the world that surrounds us today. That means reinstating our gods with the culture of our ancestors in myth. Using writers to creatively present with the Hawaiian spirit intact in the stories.

I would be curious to hear your opinion:
    http://www.spiritualpsychotherapy.net/id91.html

And please feel free to tell me the appropriate place in Hawaiiathreads to have this discussion,

Brah
    Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Malo'e lelei, Brah. Ko huku hingoa fakaTonga ko Mui Houma. Malo'e lava mai. (sorry, I speak Tongan, but interested in Hawaiian language).

We are now making progress! I am very interested in what makes you proud to be Hawaiian. I am also interested in what indigenous Hawaiians think is the best way to preserve Hawaiian culture, religion, values, and way of life. You have come to the right place to discuss these things in a respectful dialogue. Please tell us more, this is an important topic.

ofa 'atu
    matapule

'sup Brah.

Aloha Brah - I appreciate your introduction of yourself but you left out some important elements of a proper introduction to a subject such as you presented. Such as: Where are you from? are you Hawaiian? what is your interest in this subject? I'm sorry for confronting you like this but I have dealt with something like this before on other lists and you sound like someone from there. I'm truly sorry for confronting you like this but since I can't meet you "face to face", I have no other way to ask you these questions.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

Anapuni,

You must have a good reason for asking me to reveal more personal information. I am just another visitor here in HawaiiThreads. Everyone here reveals personal information on their terms and their wishes, as they desire.

I have also seen in other forums how there are people who find clever ways to get other people to reveal their personal information so that they can use it back on them. Just want to make sure you're not one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Aloha Brah - I appreciate your introduction of yourself but you left out some important elements of a proper introduction to a subject such as you presented. Such as: Where are you from? are you Hawaiian? what is your interest in this subject? I'm sorry for confronting you like this but I have dealt with something like this before on other lists and you sound like someone from there. I'm truly sorry for confronting you like this but since I can't meet you "face to face", I have no other way to ask you these questions.

I have also seen in other forums how there are people who find clever ways to get other people to reveal their personal information so that they can use it back on them.
    Well Brah, Are you hapa or full Hawaiian? What island do you live on? I don't think that is revealing too much about yourself.

I am hapa Indo-European. I don't currently live in the da islands. Dare now we be eben. But I would be proud as hell if I had Polynesian blood coursing through my veins. Maybe I was Polynesian in anudder life kine.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

I ka `ike!

I kani no ka pahu i ka `olohaka o loko.

I am mixed. But a lot more Indo than anything else. I live in Oahu.

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Well Brah, Are you hapa or full Hawaiian? What island do you live on? I don't think that is revealing too much about yourself.

I am hapa Indo-European. I don't currently live in the da islands. Dare now we be eben. But I would be proud as hell if I had Polynesian blood coursing through my veins. Maybe I was Polynesian in anudder life kine.

Anapuni,

You must have a good reason for asking me to reveal more personal information. I am just another visitor here in HawaiiThreads. Everyone here reveals personal information on their terms and their wishes, as they desire.

I have also seen in other forums how there are people who find clever ways to get other people to reveal their personal information so that they can use it back on them. Just want to make sure you're not one of those.
    I was not meaning to be rude or too personal. You come on here, making a lot of statements with really strong feelings behind them and I'm trying to figure out your motives. If you are Hawaiian, then you have the right to make your statements - if you're not, well then your statements can be questioned. and, if you ARE Hawaiian then you will know why I ask my questions. and no, I am not Hawaiian.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

E ho`omau ka holomoana.

I `ulu no ka lala i ke kumu.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Post Re: My name is Brah

Please come back Brah.
    You obviously really care too!
    Anyways... Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    I was not meaning to be rude or too personal. You come on here, making a lot of statements with really strong feelings behind them and I'm trying to figure out your motives. If you are Hawaiian, then you have the right to make your statements - if you're not, well then your statements can be questioned. and, if you ARE Hawaiian then you will know why I ask my questions. and no, I am not Hawaiian.
    I understand many peoples passion for Hawaii. I understand your passion for Hawaii. At the end of the day, I hope that we are all here to share in the Aloha spirit.

The world could use a little Aloha spirit.

Form a lover of the culture, people, food, lifestyle, music, heritage, history and passion for Hawaii, Welcome to HT!

I am not native, but I am a humble observer of many of this planets cultures. For me, Hawaii was one of the most easy, and most connected places I have ever had the joy to experience, and even on the coldest days, I have Hawaii to warm my heart. It's always a daydream away, and sometimes, that is all I need to get me to my "happy place".

Much love. Much respect. Much Aloha. Many Mahalos for experiences that no one can ever take away from me.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Tattratt - I wish you would have included the rest of that post in your response here. It was an important part of my response to Brah. and my response to him was in no way disrespectful, at least that was not my intent which was showed in my entire response.
    Sydney J. Harris

Hello Brah,

Greatings.. I am Pete but you can call me Pedro.. I am back in the islands for good. I was in Utah and Ohio for a bit but glad to be back home.. Lol
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Greatings.. I am Pete but you can call me Pedro.. I am back in the islands for good. I was in Utah and Ohio for a bit but glad to be back home.. Lol
    Good to have you back ... on HT, too!

Looks like brah has taken a break from HT. I was intested in his/her input I guess brah was a boy...., but these days.... who knows. Who CARES?
    Li Dat...
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Oh...my. Aloha and welcome to HT Brah.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Thumbs up Re: My name is Brah

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Hello Brah,
    Although Pete's a Pedro he's a Brah too!
    Really good seeing you again buddy!

If you want to know what my motive is and where I'm coming from. It was this article that sparked a domino of emotions within me. I realized that us Native Hawaiians are dying off because we are losing our culture. This makes me feel desperate. I can't just silently watch this. But it is so difficult to explain to people where I'm coming from.

http://www.islandscene.com/Article.aspx?id=4129

What I am saying is in line with Prophet Kapihe's prophecy. He talked about the re-establishment of a cosmic order that was disturbed earlier. The sky God Wakea, ancestor of gods and human beings will then return to the proper position. Milo, the god of the underworld and the dead, now returns to his realm below. The world will no longer be ruled exceptionally by the sickness and death that us Hawaiians have been experiencing. Instead we will re-instate the rightful god of cosmic fertility.
    It was the Christians that instated the single god. Us Hawaiians have always had a multiplicity of gods.

Our Hawaiian culture has been messed with and sullified. It is from these sullified waters that we drink. That is why we are getting sick. It is time to clean the waters of Hawaii. That is all I am saying. If that makes me a criminal. Punish me.

I am mixed. But a lot more Indo than anything else.
    I realized that us Native Hawaiians are dying off because we are losing our culture.
    I guess it is all a matter of semantics, what is a "native Hawaiian"? By my understanding, a "native Hawaiian" is 100% ehtnic Hawaiian,,,,born and reared in the Hawaiian Islands, but maybe I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast