The Coach McMackin deathwatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Coach McMackin deathwatch

Last night against BYU, UH played fairly well in the first half but totally collapsed in the second half.
    Good TV coverage on ESPN2. The announcers got most of the names right, and most of the Hawaii place names and phrases right. They gave credit to Kanoa Leahy for working with them on the Hawaiian words and names on Friday.
    Great photography, including a very rare triple rainbow. And lots of praise for Hawaii in general. The visitors bureau should be quite happy.
    As for Coach, the school needs to make a decision really fast, like this week, since recruiting time is on us.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I seriously want a spread or option-oriented coach to run Hawaii.

Niumatalolo would ne realistic, but I'd really wish UH could go after a big name like Ron Zook.

That could mean a season or two of rebuilding tho, with different personnel needed on offense.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

All I really want is a team which consistently wins more games than it loses (and maybe doesn't embarrass itself on national TV). In the WAC it was hard enough, from what we've seen. In the Mountain West it's going to be even harder.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          It doesn't matter what those 2 common detractors say, they merely write columns and stir up shit. Those who are (biased yet) actually in-the-know like the team/staff and intels like Mouse/Wagner seem to have Mac's back. Besides, the school doesn't have the $ to buy him out or pony up for someone possibly better.
          Butts in the seats; Hawaii's fair weather crybabys don't even deserve a team,
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I see I'm winning you over!
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Immediately after the game on Saturday the chancellor and the athletic director spoke to Coach for just a minute. Each one put a hand on Coach's shoulder briefly, and that plus the expression on Caoch's face indicated that what the other two said was along the lines of "We're going to have to let you go tomorrow. We'll meet with you then." That's what it looked like to me.
              They met with Coach for an hour yesterday.
              They met with the whole team this morning (but without Coach being there), which sure sounds like the team was being told Coach is gone.
              There's going to be an announcement sometime today. Gee, I wonder what it could be?

Comment

Good luck to Coach Mac, the staff, and the team, they and others will need it now more than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  They {chancellor and athletic director} met with the whole team this morning (but without Coach being there), which sure sounds like the team was being told Coach is gone.
                  UPDATE: Now it's being announced that Coach will meet with his staff and players this afternoon too tell them what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    Those who are (biased yet) actually in-the-know like the team/staff and intels like Mouse/Wagner seem to have Mac's back. Besides, the school doesn't have the $ to buy him out or pony up for someone possibly better.
                    Your "in-the-know" sources are all soaking wet.

Mack has resigned and has agreed to terms on a buyout.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=135013148
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

"Retire" is another word for...no comment...

Does anyone really think Dennis Erickson, Rick Neuheisel or Ron Zook would coach here?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        Your "in-the-know" sources are all soaking wet.

Mack has resigned and has agreed to terms on a buyout.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=135013148
                        Bloodlust gloat much?

Comment

I wonder what'll happen to Dick Tomey.

Comment

Supposedly the assistant coaches have contracts thru March.

Miano is the interim coach right now. They need to get on the ball with finding a new coach for recruiting reasons amongst other things, maybe a big name coach if they can afford it will excite fans and boost ticket sales too.

Comment

As I recall, about half of McMackin's $1.1 million salary was being paid by private parties, not UH. So since McMakin is getting bought out for $600,000 for next season, I wonder if that means UH only has to pay half of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                                "Retire" is another word for...no comment...

Does anyone really think Dennis Erickson, Rick Neuheisel or Ron Zook would coach here?
                                Erickson's more likely than Zook. Zook's probably looking for a bigger market and doesn't want to rebuild a program, but I'd LOVE to see a spread offense in Hawaii again.

Highly doubt UH would hire a coach that has so much baggage like Neuheisel.

I wonder if they'll give Miano a shot?

I highly doubt Tomey gets another headcoaching job--at least with UH, anyway. IMO, his role as an assistant is valuable, as he's an excellent motivator.
                                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X