Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday 2011 Your plans and scores!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday 2011 Your plans and scores!

I work till midnight and then will head directly to the Keeaumoku Street Walmart.

Gonna try for a Sony Blu-Ray/DVD player($79) and a HP Printer/scanner/copier combo(either $19 or $39).

Wish me luck! And your plans?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Black Friday 2011 Your plans and scores!

Since I really hate shopping, I'm going to stay home out of the craziness!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      Since I really hate shopping, I'm going to stay home out of the craziness!
      X2

Most of the ballyhooed "doorbuster" specials (like the $200 42" Sharp LCD TV @ Best Buy) are deliberately stocked in such small quantities that they'll be long gone to all but those crazy shoppers who actually have the time to camp outside the entrance in order to be among the first in line to stampede into the store.

For the more readily accessible merchandise, how much of the 10% or so you save on Black Friday sales be negated by the extra gas money you have to spend, fighting the traffic and hunting for scarce parking stalls?
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        X2

1)Most of the ballyhooed "doorbuster" specials (like the $200 42" Sharp LCD TV @ Best Buy) are deliberately stocked in such small quantities that they'll be long gone to all but those crazy shoppers who actually have the time to camp outside the entrance in order to be among the first in line to stampede into the store.

2)For the more readily accessible merchandise, how much of the 10% or so you save on Black Friday sales be negated by the extra gas money you have to spend, fighting the traffic and hunting for scarce parking stalls?
        This will be the first time I've ever done a "Black Friday" thing.
        1) My buddy has been there since 6pm and is in a good position for stuff. We are and will be in cellphone communication!
        2) Another plus for having a moped!

Comment

Don got the computer he wanted and my BluRay player for me! We skipped the printer.
          He took these videos and I arrived as he was exiting the doors... I never went in.
          Too crazy!!!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/6989123...in/photostream
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/6989123...in/photostream

Comment

Did anybody get pepper sprayed?
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
              2) Another plus for having a moped!
              Use a moped? Sure,.... if you plan on buying a few small items that you can stuff in your pocket or moped stow. Good luck trying to carry home larger items like Blu-ray players or clothing.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                Use a moped? Sure,.... if you plan on buying a few small items that you can stuff in your pocket or moped stow. Good luck trying to carry home larger items like Blu-ray players or clothing.
                Sorry to say FM but completely incorrect info there.

I've bought $182 of costco items and got them home in one trip. Yes I looked like I was in Taipei.
                Another time I bought a 32" flat-screen TV at Don Quiote and brought it home in the box, unharmed by my moped.

So very doable since I personally have done it.
                Don't give up so easily.

Comment

If you're driven enuf to convey an item, you'll do it regardless. I've done incredible moves on a bicycle, most items being sizeable and quite delicate. I look back just shaking my head on any of the accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                    Sorry to say FM but completely incorrect info there.

I've bought $182 of costco items and got them home in one trip. Yes I looked like I was in Taipei.
                    Another time I bought a 32" flat-screen TV at Don Quiote and brought it home in the box, unharmed by my moped.

So very doable since I personally have done it.
                    Don't give up so easily.
                    Never said it was impossible. I just said "good luck."

And if you were able to successfully able to lug a 32" TV on a moped without a mishap or being caught up in bad weather, then I guess lady luck was smiling on ya. Other people aren't as fortunate.

Former UH v-ball player Tony Ching might have transported his dog on moped rides dozens of times w/o any incident. All it took was one moment of carelessness to end his pet's life,.... and nearly his own.

http://volleytalk.proboards.com/inde...int&thread=655
                    Last edited by Frankie's Market; November 25, 2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

This morning, my grandkids, son-in-law and I went to see "The Muppets".

Two scenes had the audience murmuring: one where the Muppets went to retrieve Fozzie Bear in Reno with its prominent "Biggest Little City in the World" arch; the second where Fozzie Bear wailed, "I don't wanna go back to Reno!"

Did I tell you that I'm in Reno?
                      Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I embrace the Cyber Monday thing. It has never been, and never will be, worth the shit show that is put on for black Friday deals. The time wasted waiting, the stress levels, the ass hole fanatical consumer zombies. . .screw it, not worth the headache.
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                          This morning, my grandkids, son-in-law and I went to see "The Muppets".

Two scenes had the audience murmuring: one where the Muppets went to retrieve Fozzie Bear in Reno with its prominent "Biggest Little City in the World" arch; the second where Fozzie Bear wailed, "I don't wanna go back to Reno!"

Did I tell you that I'm in Reno?
                          I love Reno! and mostly because its so different from Vegas. But, for me its also visiting with family & friends. But I like it because its more casual than Vegas and is somehow smaller.

ad to keep this "on topic" - I stayed home on Black Friday, no shopping at all. There were some very crazy people out in the stores here yesterday - definitely stayed out of their way!
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I'm guessing WALMART will be sued for stupidity for allowing further injuries after the precedent of the trampling death a year (or two) previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                              I'm guessing WALMART will be sued for stupidity for allowing further injuries after the precedent of the trampling death a year (or two) previously.
                              The woman who pepper-sprayed other shoppers has turned herself into police, and may be charged with battery. Don't you think she should also be charged with "a salt"?

Comment

Working...
                              X