Something is wrong at KORL FM tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something is wrong at KORL FM tonight

Tonight, 97.1, 101.5, and 107.5 are all simulcasting the Hot AC ("Today's Modern Mix") format of KORL 101.1 HD-1. 101.5 is supposed to be playing Smooth Jazz from 101.1 HD-2, 107.5 is supposed to be playing Korean Pop from 101.1 HD-3, and 97.1 is supposed to be playing Japanese Pop from 101.1 HD-4. I own an HD radio, and KORL FM started broadcasting in HD last Sunday (December 4). That is how I know where the formats are supposed to be. Until the glitch is corrected, my heart goes out to those who do not own an HD radio. I'm ahead of the game.

Re: Something is wrong at KORL FM tonight

Yep! Major disappointment for me. A friend called the station & was told to tune to 101.5. It's simulcasting 101.1. So, one must have HD radio to hear smooth jazz?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      So, one must have HD radio to hear smooth jazz?
      That's happening in markets across the country these days. After the ratings systems changed their methodology, a number of "smooth jazz" stations took a severe ratings hit; but there was still enough of a vocal audience that it's showing up as an HD format. Unfortunately, it's a pretty generic, bland syndicated mix (read "cheaper to air") in most of these cases.

Comment

Originally posted by IBadget View Post
        Tonight, 97.1, 101.5, and 107.5 are all simulcasting the Hot AC ("Today's Modern Mix") format of KORL 101.1 HD-1.
        Wait. Are they broadcasting the same format or the same program? If it's the same program, it seems to me that someone could make some trouble for them come license renewal time. I'd think that would be a tough sell for "serving the community".

Comment

101.5 is now the smooth jazz I'm used to but it seems to be restricted to certain hours. Or, the kinks still aren't worked out!

Comment

Yesterday afternoon I heard Hot AC all the hits all the time.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Single Honolulu FM Feeds Four Formats With HD Channels, Translators

The main signal of KORL-F/WAIANAE-HONOLULU, HI has flipped from Smooth Jazz to Hot AC; the Smooth Jazz format has moved to the HD2 channel and translator K268BE/HONOLULU; The HD3 channel, along with K298BA/HONOLULU, is airing a Korean "K-Pop" format; and the HD4 channel, with K244EF/HONOLULU, is broadcasting a Japanese-language "J-Pop" format. HOCHMAN's Tagalog-language KPHI-A/HONOLULU
              also feeds a translator, K244EO.
              Click on the title to get complete article.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

http://high-definition-digital.tmcne...12/5988004.htm

KAMASAMI KONG is back on the air from Japan! <3 <3 <3 <3

Comment

I enjoyed that Smooth Jazz format as well and bemoaned its loss on 101.1. I came to the web to find information and this is the only place I could find it. I'll have to try 101.5.

Thanks
                  You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Working...
                  X