The Darkest Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkest Hour

My friend and I saw the movie The Darkest Hour at the Ward Theater yesterday afternoon. It was either this movie or the Misson Impossible movie since both of them was playing at the same time. What was strange was that both movies had Moscow, Russia as it settings (well Mission Impossible had part of it, while this movie was fully in Moscow).

I guess the scifi alien invasion plotline overrode the spy thriller so we opt for this movie.

The story is about 5 Americans who are in a Moscow (3 of which are on business, and the other 2 are on vacation) nightclub when lights from the sky start to drop to the ground. These lights are deadly as anyone who gets touched by them is instantly turned to ash.

There is panic and the 5 find refuge in the nightcub's panty for a few days. When they emerge they find Moscow mostly deserted, encountering a person or two along the way and they trade information as to what's going on.

Suffice to say the Americans meet up with other people, they find out that the lights have hit other parts of the world and the surviors are trying to fight back.

Overall this movie is kind of destined to be on Mystery Science Theater 3000 if it was still on the air. Its mostly the aliens, at first they seem to be energy based beings but it seems that they have physical bodies that can be shot it with something.

Re: The Darkest Hour

Quite fascinating.
    The problem probably started when 5 tried to get into nightcub panty.
    This sort of behavior is frowned upon.

Comment

Working...
    X