Bil Keane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bil Keane

Perhaps some noticed in the Star-Ad Sunday comics, that Steve Pastis did a commemorative for Bil Keane (Cartoonist/author for 'Family Circus').
    Evidently our entertainer has passed away: 1922 to 2011 - not bad.

Though it as never my favorite strip, I admired his insight and skill. I don' know when his strip ill stop, but it's not long for this world.

RIP: In Memorium;Bil Keane

Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: Bil Keane

Bil Keane died November 8th. Currently his son Jeff does the strip. I'm not sure how long he's been doing it, but I suspect he took over before his father died.

I was a bit surprised to see how long it took before "Pearls" did a tribute. I can only guess that's how much lead time there is.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
      Bil Keane died November 8th. Currently his son Jeff does the strip. I'm not sure how long he's been doing it, but I suspect he took over before his father died.

I was a bit surprised to see how long it took before "Pearls" did a tribute. I can only guess that's how much lead time there is.
      Nice that a son can take over a father's business, do well, profit, and carry on the tradition. Looks like Jeffy, oops, Jeff is doing a great job - to our benefit.

RIP Bil, Keep on, Jeff!

K!
      ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
        Perhaps some noticed in the Star-Ad Sunday comics, that Steve Pastis did a commemorative for Bil Keane (Cartoonist/author for 'Family Circus').
        Here (for those who don't get a paper that runs it) is the Sunday comic Pastis did. And here is a blog piece he wrote about Keane's death and his own relationship with the man.

Comment

One of the comments on the blog was interesting: "You were actually the first person I thought of when I heard that Mr. Keane had passed away." When I heard the news, I had almost exactly the same thought. Pearls had done so many parodies on Family Circus, I knew he was probably going to do something like that Sunday comic.

Comment

I think that PBS is a sad, sorry, occasionally humerous toon. I read it anyway, in case it's a 'good day.'
            The Family Circus was mild humor, family type, never offensive and always understandable. Like comic books. The two are not comperable.

That these two were in communication and compatible on some level is an epiphany; FWIW. We can learn from diversity. Not?

K?
            ~ ~

Comment

Working...
            X