Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank B Shaner let go from KUMU

From this story at Hawaii News Now:

Popular radio personality Frank B Shaner has done his last show as host of the morning show on KUMU radio. Ohana Broadcast Company said it informed Shaner last week his contract was not being renewed.
    (...)
    "It's pau," Shaner told Hawaii News Now. "I just want to say 'aloha' to a lot of the people who tuned into the morning show and to say I miss you guys and maybe next time around we'll gather again by the microphone if I resurface in the near future," he added.
    "After seven years it took them about five minutes to say aloha. But that's just the nature of the beast when you work around radio, don't you know. The people over there I worked for are terrific people. At this particular point in my life, we'll see what happens. There's a whole new realm, a whole new world out there that's starting to open up for me," Shaner said.
    Shaner, who paints, will focus on his art for a while and continue to do comedy and MC work.
    (...)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Frank B Shaner let go from KUMU

Aloha Frank! How sad. It's not quite the same without listening to his voice and very funny opinion in the morning. Good luck!
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Re: Frank B Shaner let go from KUMU

Just caught up with radio news since I don't listen in the morning anymore. Well.... there goes KUMU from my radio lineup!

Aloha Frankie!

Comment

Working...
      X