Cayetano as Mayor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cayetano as Mayor?

With an anti-rail platform as his foundation towards the City office, Ben is feeling out the possibilities, says KGMB. He's got my vote.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Cayetano as Mayor?

Much as I personally like Peter Carlisle - I will definitely vote for Cayetano for Mayor.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I saw this news a couple of times yesterday, and I agree with you two. Based strictly on the rail position, Cayetano gets my vote.
      (Wish we'd done a simple yes/no poll here on this one.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Ben without a doubt. Plus he already knows how the City system works(or not, as the case may be),so he can stop the stupid train before we blow any more $$ on it.

Comment

I'm not sure as Ben is anti-rail as much as he's pushing to "do it right". Meaning he is more anti-"the current plan".

Compared to his predecessors, Carlisle feels damn near invisible. I think even Harris got his face in the papers more then Carlisle. I keep having to think who IS our mayor.

I think Ben's got a good shot. I'd have to see more to know which way I'd vote, but I won't dismiss him out of hand. And I do like his stand on rail. Given the cost, it's the ONLY issue, because it drives everything else.

Comment

Ben has been a longtime opponent of rail. He is also party to the lawsuit that is seeking to stop the current rail proposal.

Rail update from HonoluluTraffic.com

http://www.honolulutraffic.com/Where_are_we_on_rail.pdf
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              it drives everything else.
              It has the potential to drive everything into the ground. Our fragile economy can't handle the central Oahu business and infrastructure being fractured into bits, especially for something that may have little at best payoff whenever finished. Then there's the always dead-in-traffic fun and endless costs...

Comment

I think Ben was a pretty good governor.
                Maybe he would be a good mayor, too, but is not that a step down?
                Whatever, as long as he does good for us.
                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                ~ ~
                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                  What else has he got to do but keeping up on his guitar practice?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                    I think that it's not for us to worry whether the job would be a "step down". Wouldn''t that be something for Cayetano to make the judgement call on? It's his ego involved after all, not ours.
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

At this point, still undecided on the '12 mayoral contest. So I don't have a dog in this fight.

As important as the rail issue obviously is, the responsibility and scope of the mayor's office is so tremendous, I don't think it's a good idea to vote for a candidate based on one issue. There's way too many other factors to consider in determining who is fit for office.

One thing I will note: It's been said that Cayetano and Mufi Hannemann have never liked each other very much. So I wonder how much of ole Ben's opposition to rail is based on substance versus any desire to settle personal grudges.

Wouldn't even suspect something like this, if it wasn't for that infamous H3 tunnel naming incident. Talk about pettiness....
                      Last edited by Frankie's Market; January 3, 2012, 08:10 PM.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I've always liked Cayetano and the fact the he doesn't like Muki or the Rail makes it all the better! Go Ben Go!
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

"The race for Honolulu mayor got a lot more interesting Thursday after former Hawaii Governor Ben Cayetano ended weeks of speculation and announced he’s entering the race."

This is good... very good.

http://www.khon2.com/news/local/stor...ljZm0GDeQ.cspx
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X