Thread: USPS going down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default USPS going down

If this is a sign of the USPS downsizing then I'm not liking it one bit. Last time I checked, it was about 10 miles from Honolulu to Kaneohe. Why would it take 4 days to deliver a package? FAIL!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: USPS going down

Quote Originally Posted by amagab View Post
    If this is a sign of the USPS downsizing then I'm not liking it one bit. Last time I checked, it was about 10 miles from Honolulu to Kaneohe. Why would it take 4 days to deliver a package? FAIL!!!
    depends what type of service was used.

parcel post? First Class, Priority ?

It was parcel post to which I acknowledge it takes a bit longer. I guess the screen shot didn't show but it only took two days from Kentucky to Honolulu and then four days from Honolulu to Kaneohe. Very strange don't you agree?

And this is not the first time so it's not a fluke.

It was parcel post to which I acknowledge it takes a bit longer. I guess the screen shot didn't show but it only took two days from Kentucky to Honolulu and then four days from Honolulu to Kaneohe. Very strange don't you agree?

And this is not the first time so it's not a fluke.
    Parcel post is stated as 2-8 days for delivery. So as long as they haven't exceeded their time commitment, it's really not a failure on their behalf. I can see it being frustrating that you can track the package and it shows already arriving in Honolulu 4 days ago but I guess if one had no visibility into their internal logistics, then 6 days to deliver wouldn't be strange at all right? Otherwise, no one would pay for priority mail service.

Island mail service sucks!

...and if they are talking "business days" for delivery, that leaves out 1/8. But still...

Why would it take 4 days to deliver a package? FAIL!!!
    Why are equating a delay of a few days as a fail? To me a fail would be either they lost the package or the package arrived in a banged up shape (all of the insides is broken, pieces missing, etc).

Lightbulb Re: USPS going down

Even for the U.S. Congress, the USPS apparently wasn’t a top priority. Well, I guess with their laissez-faire attitude, we can’t blame Mr. Donohue for taking the only action he could under the circumstances. Better a slower postal system then a bankrupt non-existent one.

Postal Service moves ahead with closing mail-sorting hubs, though closures will move slowly
    By Lisa Rein, Published: May 18

The U.S. Postal Service, facing mounting losses, said Thursday that it is moving ahead with plans to close hundreds of mail-sorting hubs and cannot wait for Congress to pass legislation to help it out of its financial hole.

But the closing of 232 processing centers will be phased in over three years instead of at the faster pace postal officials had announced in the fall. About 13,000 jobs will be lost from the closures, mostly through attrition, officials said.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/post...ruin-1C8146115

46 cents for a stamp isn't enough.

Personally, I can now do without USPS. I used to need it for First Class mail but now I don't even send that through USPS. Parcels can be shipped by other means. Bills, thank you cards, invitations, post cards....all done online. And that is why USPS is suffering. It has nothing to do with UPS or FedEx. USPS is suffering because people are paying their bills online.

Congress should really step on it and squash the Saturday delivery. That is a total luxury we can do without. Also, if I happen to need to use USPS to send something, I wouldn't mind the First Class rate being $1. It's ridiculous that they increase it a penny or two each time. Just make a big darn increase and be done.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=189995211

How about the people who want to go to the post office on Saturday rather than the weekday?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post

How about the people who want to go to the post office on Saturday rather than the weekday?
    Just use the self service machine. It's faster than standing in line in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post

"Under the new plan, mail would be delivered to homes and businesses only from Monday through Friday but would still be delivered to post office boxes on Saturdays. Post offices now open on Saturdays would remain open."