Driving away from a cliff made of Clouds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving away from a cliff made of Clouds

The political landscape nowadays is strewn across countless smartphones.
    What happens if a rat eats the power adapter?

Re: Driving away from a cliff made of Clouds

thats a very profound thought.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I once drove off a Tantalus cliff into the clouds, does that count?
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        I once drove off a Tantalus cliff into the clouds, does that count?
        Were you strewn across the landscape?

Comment

Ron - this thread is not about you.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Were you strewn across the landscape?
            Landed in a huge tree top, climbed down (almost as deadly) and scampered away unscathed.

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            It is now

Comment

This thread is about all of us, and none of us.

Where's da beef?
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

FM - you get it. Ron doesn't seem to. He made it about him. I called him on it. No beef at all. Enjoy and stay mellow.
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

FM - you get it. Ron doesn't seem to. He made it about him. I called him on it. No beef at all. Enjoy and stay mellow.
                  WTF was the op about anyway?
                  No matter, the worst part of my day was better than whatever it was, especially because I didn't have a bad part of my day.

Comment

I think not having a "worst part" is what it should be about. Good for you!
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Howdy to All.
                      Sorry for the cryptic nature of my first post.
                      My basic thought is that as more and more communications about everything
                      are reliant on electronic devices we cannot produce for ourselves
                      that we have literally let our destinies out of our hands.
                      Seeing as how most of the discourse of a modern democracy relies on
                      things like smartphones it is prudent to be not putting all ones eggs in one technological basket.

Comment

That's what I thot it was, and unfortunately we've broke those eggs long ago and are now looking at major problems when it happens. I'm surprised it hasn't already.

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
                          Howdy to All.
                          things like smartphones it is prudent to be not putting all ones eggs in one technological basket.
                          Hmmmmmm, maybe, but does it really matter 'cause a duck doesn't have fenders. Wasn't it Confuse-us who say, "man who run behind car get exhausted!"? Who REALLY need smartphone, tex messaging, facebook, twitter, cable, an all udder gizmology anyway? Peas, out.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Howdy to All.
                            Ah, I thought you were leading us on a random exercise in free verse poetry.

The concept of modern society living in a technology trap is nothing new. Historian James Burke talked about this in his landmark documentary (Connections), using the NY City blackout of 1965 to illustrate his point about how individuals living since the industrial revolution were vulnerable whenever the "system" breaks down, leading to disorder and chaos.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Howdy to All.
                              When you say "we," are you talking about Americans? And when you say "devices we cannot produce for ourselves," are you talking about creation and design, or are you talking about manufacture?
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X