Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

The movie Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace has been re-released yesterday (2/10/12) as 3-D movie but it also available on 2-D as well.

Re: Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Somehow watching a 3-D image of Jah Jah Binks is not a good idea.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Now if this was Episode 4,5 or 6 now that would have been an exceptional movie to see in 3D format.....1,2 & 3 was egh overall.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
        Somehow watching a 3-D image of Jah Jah Binks is not a good idea.
        In 3-D, won't he be Jar Jar Jar Binks?

Comment

I'm wondering how well the 3-D was done. Since it wasn't shot in 3-D, wouldn't it be more like "layers" of 2-D?

Comment

Saw the 12:45 pm showing of this movie at the Ward Theater today. While it was shown in the Titan XC auditorium it was lightly attended.

Also showing was an Ice Age cartoon with Scrat's finding an acorn on the bottom of ocean next to an island.

As far as the Star Wars movie itself it has been quite a while since I have seen it. One thing I can't figure out is during the Senate chamber scene how come neither the Chancellor or the Jedi said that the Naboo had been invaded by the Trade Federation. Or at least confirm that Naboo had been invaded by somebody and that they needed help.

Comment

It always good to see a Star Wars movie the way it was intended....on the big screen.
              I caught a 3D screening on Sat nite. The theater was probably a little less than half full.

Since it was shot in 2D then converted, it won't have the same look as native 3D like an Avatar. So it was noticeable that they went through and picked out which scenes/frames to convert. It did have more of a layered feel to it, like a 3D poster. So there was depth within the picture but it didn't feel like it was really extending out of the screen like native 3D films.

Originally posted by helen View Post
              As far as the Star Wars movie itself it has been quite a while since I have seen it. One thing I can't figure out is during the Senate chamber scene how come neither the Chancellor or the Jedi said that the Naboo had been invaded by the Trade Federation. Or at least confirm that Naboo had been invaded by somebody and that they needed help.
              The Jedi don't have a seat in the Senate, and as for the Chancellor that was the whole point that he was mired down by bureaucrats that were more interested in political process than actually getting things done. Amidala stated that Naboo had been invaded and the Trade Federation disputed her claim and thus pushed that a commision be sent to Naboo to assertain the truth, as per their laws.

Comment

Working...
              X