Whitney Houston: R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whitney Houston: R.I.P.

I can't ever recall Whitney asking to be placed on a pedestal for her lifestyle and morals. And I don't think she ever earned as much as a solitary cent selling a phony image of herself being this wholesome, All-American mom.

What she did earn money from was her extraordinary talent as an entertainer. And that is what people are mourning.

And it's no different from the local entertainers as well. Iz, Don Ho, Mackey Feary,... they were all human beings like everybody else. They all had their shortcomings and personal demons to contend with. But when they died, people couldn't help feeling sad because of the loss of such tremendous talent. They weren't mourning the passing of saints.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

E! reports it was cocaine that did her in:

The question of how Whitney Houston died has been answered.

Accidental drowning combined with effects of atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use have been revealed as the official causes of the pop icon's death on Feb. 11 at the rather young age of 48.

There was cocaine in her system when she was found submerged in water in the bathtub in her fourth-floor room at the Beverly Hilton, according to the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner.

And cocaine wasn't all the coroner found.

Traces of marijuana, Xanax, Flexeril and Benadryl were also found in her system, but they did not contribute to her death.

E! News was first to report last month that Houston's death would be ruled an accident.

The coroner also noted today that neither foul play nor trauma factored into her demise. A final report is expected to be ready for release within two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        E! reports it was cocaine that did her in:

The question of how Whitney Houston died has been answered.

Accidental drowning combined with effects of atherosclerotic heart disease
        How serious to her health was that heart condition?

Comment

So many people I know love her music and are deeply saddened by
          Her passing.
          Imagine if she was your sister? Death in a family really hurts.
          Who amongst us survivors is perfect?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            How serious to her health was that heart condition?
            Serious enough, apparently. The official cause of death is drowning, but the coroner says her heart condition and the cocaine were contributing factors.

Comment

Working...
            X