Honda dealer reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honda dealer reviews

The red Fit you mentioned is a Milano Red in 5-speed stick. That is not a common model and probably needs to be special ordered. If it's already on the production line delivery time is 8-10 weeks. If it's not even being built, it can take up to 3-months.

The Fit comes in two trims, the Base model and the Sport model with about an $1800 difference in price.

One problem with special order vehicles is there is not much room for negotiating as this vehicle has not landed. We can work best prices on models that are in our lot because we have already spent money on acquiring them.

The best way we can get you a good deal is to get a quote from the dealerships on Oahu, email or fax it to me and we will work hard to meet or beat that price. One nice thing about shopping here on the Big Island is the Sales tax is a half percent less as we don't have to fund the rail.

I can start the process by checking our delivery orders and see what's in the pipeline and arrival dates.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      The red Fit you mentioned is a Milano Red in 5-speed stick. That is not a common model and probably needs to be special ordered. If it's already on the production line delivery time is 8-10 weeks. If it's not even being built, it can take up to 3-months.

The Fit comes in two trims, the Base model and the Sport model with about an $1800 difference in price.

One problem with special order vehicles is there is not much room for negotiating as this vehicle has not landed. We can work best prices on models that are in our lot because we have already spent money on acquiring them.

The best way we can get you a good deal is to get a quote from the dealerships on Oahu, email or fax it to me and we will work hard to meet or beat that price. One nice thing about shopping here on the Big Island is the Sales tax is a half percent less as we don't have to fund the rail.

I can start the process by checking our delivery orders and see what's in the pipeline and arrival dates.
      I'm fine with the Base model, and I can live without stick. But dammit, I want a red car! The last one I had was an MG Midget back in 1978-80. Then I got a Triumph Spitfire in British Racing Green, then a silver T-Bird. Drove my dad's LeBaron after he passed away and then bought the white '97 Geo in spring of '98.

If you could check the pipeline I'd appreciate it. I've got e-quotes from Pflueger and the Internet prices from Windward and Tony Honda's websites, but I haven't seriously spoken live to a salesperson yet. I went to Tony Honda Waipio to look and spoke to someone who was willing to talk but had some other customer fiddling around with something, so he had to leave before the pitch really started.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

e-quotes are simply rough estimates. Online pricing will only uncover MSRP pricing and if you look carefully it doesn't include the hidden charges such as dealer mark up, sales tax, reg and doc fees. All websites will only show MSRP as it's the only consistant pricing nationwide.

If you can get a hard written quote and send it to me, I can probably work my boss to match it. But it has to be on a car that has landed. I'll check the inbound and see if a red Base model is coming in.

Comment

Craig, any advance information as to when the Fit is coming out in a hybrid version?
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Nothing on the horizon but overseas the hybrid Fit does exist. There's rumor that later this year we will be bringing in an all-electric Fit or the EV-Fit.

Comment

Nothing on the horizon but overseas the hybrid Fit does exist. There's rumor that later this year we will be bringing in an all-electric Fit or the EV-Fit.
              I'll have to call my Super Bowl party host. He has a Fit, which was what got me interested. But he told me it was a hybrid. From what I've read they're not sold here yet, but they are in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
                I'll have to call my Super Bowl party host. He has a Fit, which was what got me interested. But he told me it was a hybrid. From what I've read they're not sold here yet, but they are in Japan.
                I just spoke with him, and he misspoke. His new Civic is a hybrid, but the Fit is not.

It's actually his wife's car, and she loves it. That's two or three excellent testimonials I've gotten from owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
                  That's two or three excellent testimonials I've gotten from owners.
                  My neighbor downstairs from me here in Mexico lives part time in SoCal and part time in Mexico. He has a Fit that he leaves here in Mexico all the time and he will not part with it!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

What is the difference in all electric and EV?

Comment

Working...
                    X