X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol, Season 11

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    Blah night, up until Joshua Ledet. [...]
    As will.i.am and Randy said...that was "dope"!

Comment

Yep, Joshua definitely stole the night. The judges gave him a standing ovation when he was only halfway through the song.
      Jessica was great again, and Colton, Hollie, and Deandre were very good.
      Shannon was second-worst, but Heejun was very pitchy and will likely get voted off tonight. (That's if they actually vote someone off. Perhaps Jermaine being kicked off this week will save the other 11 until next week.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Shannon was second-worst, but Heejun was very pitchy and will likely get voted off tonight.
        Just for the record here, Shannon was the one voted off. She'd been in the bottom two for two weeks in a row.
        I hope Deandre continues to do well, but I still see Joshua and Jessica as being the final two. It'll be interesting to see how all three of them grow over the next weeks.

Comment

I was surprised at the song choices made ... Billy Joel seems to work a magic on his own songs that other singers just don't easily bring to his songs.

Tonight was another of saving the best for the last: Jessica Sanchez, and Colton Dixon (who was smart to use Billy-Joel-style-piano-playing, it worked!).
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I agree with Amati 100%.
            Colton was terrific, and Jessica was beyond terrific. Every week she inches farther ahead of all the rest, and once again she got a standing ovation from the judges.
            The Billy Joel songs that Joshua and Deandre chose didn't showcase their skills and range. Bummer.
            Tricky to say who's at risk tonight. I'd say Skylar and Hollie and perhaps even Deandre, but then again Heejun might be at risk because he emphasized humor over singing.

Comment

Tricky to say who's at risk tonight. I'd say Skylar and Hollie and perhaps even Deandre, but then again Heejun might be at risk because he emphasized humor over singing.
              Deandre and Heejun were indeed in the bottom 3, but the third one was Erika.
              Deandre was the first one safe, and the one voted out was Erika.

Interesting that when the Top 13 were picked, each judge got to pick one. So far J-Lo's pick and Randy's pick have now been voted off and only Steven's pick remains -- Deandre.

I hope that Tommy Hilfiger fashion thing was a one-time deal and we don't have to see that waste of time again.

Comment

A very good show last night, and hard to say who might go tonight. Maybe Skylar or Elise?
                Jennifer Sanchez totally won the night (again). Deandre and Heejun both did very well, and Colton did too.
                Last year's winner Scotty McCreery is on the results show tonight. (wave to Panther)

Comment

A very good show last night, and hard to say who might go tonight. Maybe Skylar or Elise?
                  Skylar was in the Bottom 3, as were Hollie and Heejun. Skylar was the first one safe, and Heejun was booted out.
                  I think he just didn't show enough good stage presence.

Comment

Elise was incredible Wed. night. I would've been shocked to see her in the bottom 3. I was a bit surprised to see that lil, rockin' Reba, Skylar, in the bottom 3 but would've been more surprised had it been Elise. Heejun sounded great, too, but he's just not the total package.

Comment

Yeah, they're at the point now where the "total package" is what will get them through. It used to be easy to tell, when you saw dollar signs dancing in Simon Cowell's eyes.
                      Burl Burlingame
                      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        I was a bit surprised to see that lil, rockin' Reba, Skylar, in the bottom 3
                        LOL The first time I saw Skylar audition I thought of Reba too. They both have *no* lips. (Actually Skylar does when her mouth is closed, but as soon as she opens her mouth her lips disappear.)
                        Speaking of Reba, she's co-hosting the Academy Of Country Music awards show on CBS tonight. Always lots of terrific live performances. Included in the nominees are two American Idol winners -- last year's winner Scotty McCreery is up for Best New Artist and Carrie Underwood is up for Female Vocalist Of The Year and also for Vocal Event Of The Year for a duet she did with Brad Paisley.

Comment

Speaking of Reba, she's co-hosting the Academy Of Country Music awards show on CBS tonight. Always lots of terrific live performances. Included in the nominees are two American Idol winners -- last year's winner Scotty McCreery is up for Best New Artist and Carrie Underwood is up for Female Vocalist Of The Year and also for Vocal Event Of The Year for a duet she did with Brad Paisley.
                          I forgot to add another AI alumnus, Kelly Clarkson. The ACM show is on right now and Kelly and Jason Aldean just won Single Of The Year.

UPDATE: It's 15 minutes later and Scotty McCreery just won Best New Artist.
                          Last edited by LikaNui; April 1, 2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Good show last night.
                            Deandre was very good. In the past he sang falsetto all the way through, and a lot of mainlanders can't relate to that like we can over here. But last night he sang a lot in a lower range and used the falsetto just for highlights. Smart move.
                            Jessica and Joshua knocked it out of the park again. And last night there were duets and Jessica and Joshua were paired up. Also very hot! These two are so much better than the rest of them.
                            Colton did really good, and Skylar had her best night yet. Not good enough to win, but good.
                            Phillip and Hollie were both so-so and were both pitchy. Elise was also so-so but at least not pitchy. Hollie was better, but she was pitchy.
                            My guess for the bottom 3 tonight would be Elise, Hollie and maybe Skylar, and I think Hollie will be the one to leave.

Comment

Lots of buzz about the Nike "spot" that aired on AI last night - it runs 2:31 - ansd is being described some places as a 'short film.' Must have cost two bundles - one for production, one for buying air time.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/n...om-last-nights

Comment

My guess for the bottom 3 tonight would be Elise, Hollie and maybe Skylar, and I think Hollie will be the one to leave.
                                Two out of three. The third one wasn't Skylar, it was Deandre.
                                Hollie was the first one safe, so the bottom two obviously were Deandre and Elise.
                                Sadly, Deandre is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X