The GOP vs women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GOP vs women

If anyone needed a magnified perspective of the depths of depravity the right wing extremists continually plow, witness the now high-geared war on women. Especially Rush's current attack obsession on the educated class act of Sandra Fluke, and the dog whistling past their own graveyard by every single R, none of which can find a speck of cajones to speak up against the tarnished golden microphone that Rush pulls out his ass daily to rally the mindless troops.
    Really, at this point all you can do is spotlight and cheer the intense hate on as they fitfully dig themselves deeper and deeper into their cesspool until they're finally gone. You know Romney, Santorum, and Newt won't do themselves any favor and speak up against it, and thus seal their losses for '12. Better America applaudes their vast stupidity.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: The GOP vs women

Seems that the boycott of the Rush's advertisers is gathering steam.
    If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.

Comment

The machine behind Rush will dig their heels in deep to preserve his voice even if Clear Channel caves, but CC will bankroll the losses for a long time should they not be able to recoup sponsers. Things like the current flap have always blown over, but maybe the scales are tipping as more are fed up with the increase of nasty extremo BS for it to be ignored any longer.

Comment

I heard that Rush's ratings had been dropping. This might be little more then an attempt to get ratings.

The issue on church employment and contraception is something that needs to be worked out, as I'm sure we'll see a reprise in gay weddings and the church. (Such as the local churches that sued to block the local civil union law as they said there wasn't enough protection for them.

As for the rest of it, I have to wonder if it's just something to divert attention from bigger issues. Perhaps the left's attempt to divert attention from Obama's oil policies that seem destined to make oil prices even higher.

Comment

The GOP has made a policy statement that is ,sadly, very close to
          extreme muslim faiths as regards this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
            I heard that Rush's ratings had been dropping. This might be little more then an attempt to get ratings.

Perhaps the left's attempt to divert attention from Obama's oil policies that seem destined to make oil prices even higher.
            He's got a very limited core audience, and his bloviated crudeness is all about regenerating ratings.

You'll have to explain how and why you focus on Obama re increasing oil prices. Contrary to quasi popular belief, he's not attempting to take us to Euro pump prices.

Comment

I would like to hear from some HT wahines on this subject rather than HT men.......Tutu, Anapuni, Auntie, others?
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I can only imagine most women's thots, just like people of color or the physically/mentally impaired, etc., the mountain of poop being dished out by the upper handed more $$ fortunate insufferables never gets easier to overcome. The fight for fairness continues.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                  I would like to hear from some HT wahines on this subject rather than HT men.......Tutu, Anapuni, Auntie, others?
                  Maybe we are like Congress was for a while - not having any women testify in hearings about women's reproductive rights? (That's what the Limbaugh thing was all related to, after all.)

Comment

Sorry, I gave up on having any intelligent political discussions on HT. Too many folks on here take everything that is said as a personal confrontation that must be argued into the ground. So, you boys just go ahead and discuss things on your own. Enjoy!
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      I don't care to waste my time, breath...or my fingers, in this case...on such lunacy. I'm gonna have to agree with Ron:
                      Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                      [...]
                      Really, at this point all you can do is spotlight and cheer the intense hate on as they fitfully dig themselves deeper and deeper into their cesspool until they're finally gone.[...]
                      My guess is the boycott by Rush's advertisers is temporary. The only way to make it permanent is for consumers to hit the advertisers in their pocketbooks...stop buying the products. Maybe the occupy movement should move to Madison Ave.!!!

Comment

Whatever the reason, the sorry excuse for a pig has felt the need to address the issue today with his style of apology, which of course is no apology but more lies, and just makes it worse while continuing his attempts at ratings improvements.

Comment

I don't pay much attention to all the hogwash that they say at their caucuses or RNC--those are just very public mentions of their ideologies and policies that they have been crusading for through public education curricula (i.e. abstinence education) and anti-obscenity campaigns (i.e. bashing The Vagina Monologues).
                          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            Contrary to quasi popular belief, he's not attempting to take us to Euro pump prices.
                            The fact is the prices are going up and there's talk of $5/gal in our near future. That's never good for the incumbents. I certainly don't see them doing anything to lower the price - like allowing us to go after our own energy supplies.

Perhaps the diversion is to cover something else. Gas prices is just what came to mind.

Comment

You can toss it all around and see what sticks, I guess, but opening the Nat. reserves can always drop pump prices quickly, so I don't know where you're trying to take this. Anything else will not have an effect at the pumps for years, at which point other factors render those actions mute. As long as oil is propped up as king prices will be climbing. Oil was instituted as a scam to benefit a relative few nearly 100 years ago and still works as such, but against the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
                              X