Seeking Shelter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Shelter!

My itinerant carpenter friend, Scott Haines, lost his shelter where he was doing framing while earning his place to stay by house-sitting.

He is currently staying in a tent and almost drowning in my backyard, NOT a good situation, and we don't have inside room.

He is willing to exchange carpentry work for a roof over his head. I can vouch that he is an excellent craftsman; he works slowly but gets supurb results.

He has re-footed our shed (which was ready to fall down), redone our front step so we can see our faces in it, and generally repaired and refurbished everything we had.

He is a little exotic (long curly red hair and a tendency to go shirtless), but he is trustworthy and dependable.

I'd like to get him a place where he can stay dry, and as I said, he is willing to exchange custom carpetry for a place to sleep safely and dry.

Contact me, or ask questions here.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: Seeking Shelter!

Is he willing to travel?
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Send him a ticket, Susie! Hey, where you been?? Long time no see....

Seriously, Kaonohi, I hope your friend finds himself in a good situation and it will all work out.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
        Is he willing to travel?
        Certainly, but he has no funds to travel to Europe!
        You are halfway around the world!

He IS an excellent carpenter. He came to Hawaii for the free medical treatment (He is bi-polar), and QUEST allowed him treatment.

Right now he is living in a tent in my backyard, I have his tools stored in my shed. The poor guy just needs a job and motivation. He did some spectacular work for us (Turned a boring front step into an amazing entrance!)

He has talent, great talent, but needs patience; he works for lower wages. Mostly he needs shelter from the rain, and he will do ANY kind of work for a stable shelter.

If any of you have heart, and better than a mountain that is a muddy back yard, I am certain Scott will pay you back to fit your needs, and more. As he has done with us.
        ~ ~

Comment

We are getting desperate, Scott is getting soaked. He has a good heart, and longs for a place on the North Shore, but enywhere is better than my Kahalu`u mud pit (considering the recent weather.)
          ~ ~

Comment

Is he willing to travel?
            Thanks, Susie. You have a lot of ALOHA!
            Unfortunately he is stuck in Hawaii for the time being - medical access.

Good to hear from you!
            ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
              Thanks, Susie. You have a lot of ALOHA!
              Unfortunately he is stuck in Hawaii for the time being - medical access.

Good to hear from you!
              Too bad...although there is excellent (free) healthcare here in France.

How about if he builds himself a better shelter than a tent? You could always use a little cabin as a granny shelter or a playhouse or a storage, once he's gone.
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Too bad...although there is excellent (free) healthcare here in France.

How about if he builds himself a better shelter than a tent? You could always use a little cabin as a granny shelter or a playhouse or a storage, once he's gone.
                Great idea, he could do it, to, if only we could afford the materials. Even without a permit we could construct a 10x12 with no amenities. With my son in a private college at about $4,500 a month, we are barely getting by.

(Aside He has a daughter and common-law spouse in Oregon (which has no health care available to him), that he wants to get back to. I don't believe he's thinking clearly - Canada (much closer to Oregon) also has free health care, as I understand.
                ~ ~

Comment

Why is he getting soaked? Rainier side of the island I assume?
                  What became of you'll??
                  Susie?
                  If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
                    Why is he getting soaked? Rainier side of the island I assume?
                    What became of you'll??
                    Susie?
                    Uopdat:

Scot is living with a person on the North Shore, where he can surf, work off his rent with GOOD carpentry, and plot his future.

At least he isn't here.

Bye Scott, I wish you well.
                    ~ ~

Comment

You have a huge heart, Kaonohi!
                      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                        You have a huge heart, Kaonohi!
                        Thank you, TG. I am always concerned for those who have less than us, and when fate drops them on my doorstep I take it as an obligation to the universe, a pay-back of my prosperity.

My spouse does not concur; she says my letting people camp out on our acre takes away from us, and taking in strays (homo, canine or feline) is a burden.

But you are right: I cannot stand by and watch someone or something suffer. (I even catch our rats in Havahart traps and let them go high in Halawa valley, far from human habitation.)
                        ~ ~

Comment

Sounds like me with my spare room here in my Oklahoma home. Ugh, one mental mess of a person after another from harboring a fugitive I didn't know about to bringing in and causing roaches and fleas and not keeping the room clean to the one I now have with no job that I had to have drive me home from surgery yesterday and finally gets stopped despite being told by me that she is all over the road.

How does the saying go? "God won't be looking at your bank account, fancy car or home you live in, he will be asking how much you spent feeding the homeless, who you gave rides or a place to sleep to." Something to that effect.
                          If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
                          X