FOX NEWS/GOP desperation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOX NEWS/GOP desperation

With the '12 presidential campaign disappearing for rightys, we see FN going frantic with the typically high amount of dis-info and outright lies. As I figured they would, with the turn of the new year they've ratcheted up their BS level significantly for the November run and now focus almost solely on distorting facts and slanting the monolog. They started with hammering Fast And Furious, a legitimate topic, but that lost traction so with gas prices currently at a similar W Bush level of under $5-gal., they ignore the comparison and infuse every hour with a tally of where in the nation it's crept up and general hysteria over the non-topic even if prices dip, plus warmongering re Iran, as well as contorting stories into faux concerns and negativity about wars on religion, birth control, jobs, and the RADICAL! connection of Obama to the RADICAL! professor Derrick Bell who was merely a fine American citizen scholar but is now somehow a RADICAL! and thus painting Obama again as a RADICAL! too, just like they tried with Rev. Wright. But now they say Wright was never really mentioned, and that Obama was never vetted, this said often by the truly never vetted Sarah Palin, who's still drooling with delirious hope to jump back into the race. When FN is no longer paying her you'll know she's about to announce. All this in hopes of "turning this country around", from the slow but steady improvements under Obama back to the freefalling economic horrors and crumbling optimism years of Bush and his BS wars with 'christian' candidates like the crazy-ass non-stop liars, Romney, Santorum, and Newtsy. Thankfully, as things get better under Obama, we've had months of GOP expose' debates and toxic campaigning by the insane candidates who've chopped each other's legs out at every turn as they whittle each other down to 3 nutjob liars, and a fading * named Ron Paul. It's been the most amazing run to the White House in our lifetimes, and will continue for months to come, culminating with a death march by the chosen loony should no white horse ticket emerge at the 11th hour to actually give Obama something to consider. What fun!
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; March 9, 2012, 03:48 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: FOX NEWS/GOP desperation

We had dinner at the house of longtime, very conservative friends last Thursday night. They were BIG supporters of Para Sailin in 2008. They still are! They said that she could be the savior of the Teapublicans this election if she jumps in. The gentleman of the house said that Para Sailin is the greatest champion of women's rights in history and she has done more than any woman in politics today! I asked him, "compared to Hillary Clinton or any of the women on the Supreme Court?" He said, yes Hillary Clinton has accomplished nothing in her life. I asked him what Para Sailin has accomplished in her two year political career as part term governor of Alaska. He stuttered and stammered and blurted out, "raising a handicapped child." He them made a great show of anger, got up from the dinner table and stormed out of the room. Uaifi and I and the gentleman's wife stared at our plates in embarrassed silence.

So much for civil discourse. Oh BTW, we had a nice quiche with prawns and greens salad, and flan with strawberries and Gran Marnier on top. After the Para Sailin conversation had concluded, I asked the hostess for a glass of single malt Scotch - straight up - which she brought me and apologized for her husband.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

That's rightys for you, irrational, illogical, willfully ignorant, full of anger and shit. Scary. Have another drink and celebrate not being one of them! I have the exact kind of friends coming back in April, I can't wait to ask him if he's still a righty and how embarrassed he is to have to admit it. Should be fun. Sad tho that he fought in WW2 against what he's now all about!

Comment

Matapule's best Para Sailin impression!

Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

There have been a couple of studies that show that conservative/authoritarian/fox fans brains are physically abnormal.

The book from college called "When Prophecy Fails" tracing the history of the many wacko religious movements of the 19th century that predicted the end of the world, what people did when the prediction failed, and they usually adhered even stronger with their groups. That is part of the answer to what happened to the right wingers here on Hawai'i Threads, you cannot possibly accept that this sacred belief could be wrong so you associate with people who believe as you do. I guess its the same reason why we don't have any Republican friends except our facts are right almost all the time and theirs are fantasy delusion almost all the time. Example: GW bush was marketed as a conservative but given that he bloated the budget with record spending conservatives now call him a liberal. Its just a bad word to them, an insult, its why they call Hitler a liberal. No, Jesus was a liberal. Hitler was a conservative. But you can never prove it to them. Their organically defective brains cannot analyze facts, don't waste your breath talking with them, you'd have better luck arguing with a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
            Their organically defective brains cannot analyze facts, don't waste your breath talking with them, you'd have better luck arguing with a rock.
            Funny. That's close to what I've concluded about some of the left-wingers.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              Funny. That's close to what I've concluded about some of the left-wingers.
              Example please.

Comment

Now I see why they consider her SO hot!

Have you seen her lately, she look's like she's sick, really bad. And I'm one who'll admit she was a good looking dame. Not now.

Comment

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=439x836126

Try googling some on the topic, this was the first that popped up for me, its been extensively researched and reported. It explains why conservatives accept what they want to hear and can't analyze. But it only makes sense. The New Deal Failed. No it didn't. Obama created the debt. No he didn't. Clinton caused 9-11. Yeah sure. You might as well argue with a rock, they can't think, they can't analyze, they sure as heck can't self criticize or ever ever ever admit a mistake, but behold, you only learn by learning from your mistakes, thus, they can't learn. Its an organic problem, they really can't help it.

Comment

Hey now, let's be real, I've never known any rock to deny and flat out lie about political issues like most any partisan righty will.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      Matapule's best Para Sailin impression!

I feel like I'm reading a post on ForumsHawaii.

Comment

Its kind of like the difference between science and religion. In religion, you are provided with all the answers. They have always been the same, they always will be. But in science you build conclusions based on evidence and any conclusion you come up with can always be replaced with an explanation that handles the evidence better. So conservatives will usually say we must return to the Constitution as it was in 1787 but liberals will say it was always intended to be an evolving document so it is OK for Blacks to be counted as full human beings, not 3/5 human, it is OK for women to vote, it is OK to tax the super wealthy privileged elite at a higher rate than farm workers, it is OK to regulate business for the public safety, etc. Conservatism is usually not intellectually honest, "get the gvt. off our backs" is a GREAT slogan but all it ever means is deregulate business and butt into individual peoples private lives because thats what some politically well connected and or rich church believes. Pro life = pro war, pro death penalty, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X