The Secret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Secret

Thanks drumorgan. That was well written.
    There was a prolonged time in my life that I would've agreed whole-heartedly with you and scrivener too. I have come to the conclusion for myself that it's Christianity and religions in general that are a... anyways, we'll just have to agree to disagree okay? All the bestest to you and yours.

BTW people don't always strive for greed or lust, there's compassion, sharing, and more that we wish for others don't you think?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I only have a flip comment...regarding The Power of Positive Drinking.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYPR-4Tuhlg

Comment

Originally posted by drumorgan View Post
        I know I am not going to convince anyone who is not a believer that this movie is pushing a religion. But, here are some of my notes. You decide for yourself what it is pushing.........................................Pl ease, folks. These are the end times. There is coming a day soon that God will judge the world in righteousness. Who do you know that is eating up this spiritual garbage? Please take some time to share the truth with them. Don't let your hands have their blood on them. How will they believe if they don't hear the truth? How will they hear it if we don't tell them?
        I'm speechless! I guess I better concentrate more on my negative thinking.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          I have come to the conclusion for myself that it's Christianity and religions in general that are a...
          As for myself, I recognize that it is not the religions themselves, but some of the adherents who are flawed. Emphasis on "some." There are bad Christians, bad Muslims, bad atheists ... and there are good Christians, Muslims & atheists. When I hear someone identify themselves as being a member of a particular faith, sect, church or whatever, I know that is far from enough information for me to use in making judgments about them - it may be a starting point, but little more.

Comment

I'm OK, with people believing whatever they want. Many people disagree. But, when I was writing that I was basically trying to say that it is opposed to Christianity.

Now, if you want to believe The Secret and disagree with the Bible, hey, more power to you.

What I get frustrated at is when people melt down different beliefs into the same thing and say that there are no differences. I think we should respect each belief enough to say that they DO have unique characteristics and that is OK.

I am not doing a service to your belief to tell you that you don't really understand it, because at the core of your belief, you are actually a person who believes exactly what I believe. I know people try to do that to seem "tolerant", but I think that the nicer thing to do is learn about what the other person actually believes and respect that.

OK, end of rant.

I haven't posted here in a while, didn't mean to come back in as "the preacher". Aloha.

Comment

Okay, I understand now Drumorgan.

I just figure that positive brings positive and negative just comes. IMHO

Thanks man!
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

When considering magnetism, positive repels positive and attracts negative, and vice versa. Magnetism is at the core of all our sensual and cognitive experiences.
                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by drumorgan View Post
                  All great religious teachers (picture of Jesus on the screen) understood the secret... That YOU are the Creator
                  "All these things I do, so you can do if you but have the faith."
                  "Pray believing you have received, and it will be done." Jesus of Nazareth
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                  X