Bumper Stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Stickers

Over the years I have dreamed of creating socially appropriate bumper stickers, but never got around to it.

Some of the ideas I had included:

Zombies - stay in the left lane,
    And drive slowly!

ALOHA is flow -
    Drive to make traffic flow.

Stuff like that.

Anyone else got some akamai ideas?
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Re: Bumper Stickers

I don't like having bumper stickers on my vehicle... however it is ok if someone else wants one on theirs... one of the favorites I've seen:

Obummer! by macprohawaii, on Flickr

I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I always thought it would be fun to distribute an assortment of bumper stickers with obscure song lyrics on them. A friend once sent me one she made: "To the motion be true." It's a Bruce Cockburn lyric that just about any hardcore fan would recognize immediately. To others, it might just be a comment on traffic.

I don't have any in mind, but give me a day to brainstorm. I think I'll enjoy trying to find other song lyrics that work similarly.
      Last edited by scrivener; April 26, 2012, 05:23 AM. Reason: everything is motion...to the motion be true...
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I have this on my MINI

It's great to see people cracking up in my rear view.
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

I rather liked the reactions I got to this one ---

--- until the time someone left a life-threatening note on my windshield, making reference to it.

I also used to have two variations on the Jesus/fish symbol on my car ("Darwin" and "& Chips"), but someone pulled them off and left them snapped in half on the car.

Since it has become clear that enough people of certain political and/or religious affiliations not only have no sense of humor about or respect for opposing viewpoints that it has become physically dangerous to express said views in bumper-sticker form, I no longer utilize that form of personal expression.

The "terrorists" win that round.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Since it has become clear that enough people of certain political and/or religious affiliations not only have no sense of humor about or respect for opposing viewpoints that it has become physically dangerous to express said views in bumper-sticker form, I no longer utilize that form of personal expression.

The "terrorists" win that round.
            When Shrub was President, my daughter had a sticker on her car that said, "Some village in Texas has lost their idiot." While riving on the 10 freeway in the SoCal area, a truck driver (18 wheels) took offense to the sticker and tried to run her off the road. He attempted to use his truck as a weapon. My daughter had the good sense to pull over and let him go on his way. This trucker is going to experience nothing but bad karma in his life.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I used to have this on my truck. Had to lose it when I started working with children.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I also used to have two variations on the Jesus/fish symbol on my car ("Darwin" and "& Chips"), but someone pulled them off and left them snapped in half on the car.
                My, how 'Christian' of them. I guess when they turned the other cheek their faces were too close to your bumper!

I envisioned a 'fish' symbol with a hook through the front of its mouth. I don't know if 'hooked' would fit inside, but I figured the pictoral message would suffice. The company refused to make them.

FWIW: I have nothing against Christians, or Jesus, or Jehovah (IHVH), but I do resent people telling me that THEIR way is the ONLY way.
                (In fact, I am more Christian than anything else! {except human})
                ~ ~

Comment

Terriorists Attack
                  Bumper Stickers

as if it would make a difference....
                  ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                    I hope the high class meathead has a 2nd one, he'll need it after November.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Sorry I don't have a picture , but a while back I saw a bumpersticker (in fine print)
                      that said "if you can read this,you can have nice career as a proctologist"

Such is Life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        I hope the high class meathead has a 2nd one, he'll need it after November.
                        FWIW, that would be this guy.

Comment

FWIW, that would be this guy.
                          HA! Broke down, just like all them 'bama haters. Maybe he should take those two bumper stickers and put one over his mouth, and the other over his computer's keyboard.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Not a bumper sticker, but from the big fad of buttons in the '60's: SUPPORT MENTAL HEALTH OR I'LL KILL YOU

Comment

My husbands favorite..............Gun dontrol means using BOTH hands!
                              Visit me at Hawaii Vacation Guide

Comment

Working...
                              X