MLB on free-tv? Who'da guessed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB on free-tv? Who'da guessed?

Yeah, I'm watching right now. Giants and Dodgers.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Re: MLB on free-tv? Who'da guessed?

I'd much rather be watching The Rifleman, which the game is displacing tonite.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

In case anyone is wondering, this is on MeTV Hawaii. Today is not the first time they aired a MLB game and if I remember the promos being aired on MeTV Hawaii it seems that they will be airing San Francisco Giants games.

Comment

Yeah, Ron, but you're all about reliving history - not making it. One thing I know for sure, I'll never rewatch that game. Rifleman? Saw 'em all before I was 12.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
          Yeah, Ron, but you're all about reliving history - not making it.

Rifleman? Saw 'em all before I was 12.
          Can't disagree with the first part too much, I love history, especially my own, but tell us what page of Who's Who we'll find the lengthy legend of your highness?

Me too, but the mediocre-plus writing/acting quality surpasses most anything today or the past 3 decades, so does the theme song, and is light years better than a modern Giants/Dodgers game. But let me relive the '60s LA/SF rivalry and then you'd have something, yet reliving your history would probably require boxs of kleenex.
          Last edited by Ron Whitfield; May 10, 2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Rifleman vs. Giants/Dodgers game:

Which has more redeeming social value?
            Which has more enduring life-lessons?
            Which is more likely to be "revisited" in another 40 years?

Discuss.

Comment

Didn't see this coming, but just for fun;

Which has more redeeming social value?
              I don't recall ever being disgusted with episodes of The Rifleman, but there have been numerous episodes in MLB's last 30 years that did that to me.
              Which has more enduring life-lessons?
              The Rifleman more often teaches by human example how to be, MLB more often does the opposite.
              Which is more likely to be "revisited" in another 40 years?
              I'd enjoy watching some vintage B&W film of the Dodgers, I'll always watch The Rifleman. But that's just me.

Watched an episode of The Fugitive the other nite that had old audio of Vin Scully calling a game with names in action like Maury Wills, Wally Moon, Warren Spahn, must have been another Giants game. That was a really cool viginette of my yout'. I started going to Chavez Ravine in '63, and Frisco was the enemy.

Comment

Yeah, I'm watching right now. Giants and Dodgers.
                Originally posted by helen View Post
                In case anyone is wondering, this is on MeTV Hawaii. Today is not the first time they aired a MLB game and if I remember the promos being aired on MeTV Hawaii it seems that they will be airing San Francisco Giants games.
                Yes, but before anyone here gets too excited, MeTV-HI is only televising 17 Giants games.

Was MeTV showing the rubber game of the Giants-Dodgers series? I watched all 3 games on Fox Sports West,..... and with a better announcer to boot. (Sorry Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow, but Vin Scully is THE MAN.)

In this day and age, anyone in Hawaii who claims to be a baseball fan needs to have cable/satellite TV, or at least have an online MLB-TV subcription. Otherwise, the only MLB you'll be able to watch on OTA is the FOX game of the week on Saturdays and the aforementioned handful of Giants games on MeTV.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I find it an exciting development - MLB has priced poor fans out of the game, now we get to rekindle some sort of a relationship. It's good for me.

Comment

Wish I could find the entire schedule, but it looks like the next game will be May 18th (vs Oakland).

Comment

Wish I could find the entire schedule, but it looks like the next game will be May 18th (vs Oakland).
                      All I could find was:

MLB Baseball (Colorado Rockies at San Francisco Giants: Tue, May 15, 4:00 PM)
                      MLB Baseball (St. Louis Cardinals at San Francisco Giants: Wed, May 16, 4:00 PM)
                      MLB Baseball (Oakland Athletics at San Francisco Giants: Fri, May 18, 4:00 PM)
                      MLB Baseball (Oakland Athletics at San Francisco Giants: Sun, May 20, 10:00 AM)
                      MLB Baseball (San Francisco Giants at Milwaukee Brewers: Wed, May 23, 7:00 AM)

(from http://www.kitv.com/tv/metv)

Comment

How odd, when I check that site, I just get the game I listed and no others.

On another site I get (Pacific Time):

Fri, May 18 vs. Oakland 7:15 PM
                        Fri, Jun 1 vs. Chi Cubs 7:15 PM
                        Fri, Jun 8 vs. Texas 7:15 PM
                        Fri, Jun 15 @Seattle 7:10 PM
                        Wed, Jun 20 @LA Angels 7:05 PM
                        Fri, Jun 22 @Oakland 7:05 PM
                        Fri, Jul 13 vs. Houston 7:15 PM
                        Mon, Jul 23 vs. San Diego 7:15 PM
                        Wed, Aug 22 @LA Dodgers 7:10 PM
                        Fri, Aug 24 vs. Atlanta 7:15 PM
                        Fri, Sep 14 @Arizona 6:40 PM
                        Sat, Sep 29 @San Diego 5:35 PM
                        Last edited by salmoned; May 11, 2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

How odd, when I check that site, I just get the game I listed and no others.
                          Try that site, then do a search for "San Francisco Giants." Maybe they will update it in a few weeks with even more listings.

Comment

I find it an exciting development - MLB has priced poor fans out of the game, now we get to rekindle some sort of a relationship. It's good for me.
                            Point taken. A few televised games are better than nothing. Perhaps I have gotten jaded and spoiled over the years. What I think of as meager offerings from the local OTA stations could very well be looked upon by others as an absolute glut of baseball broadcasts that subscriptions to MLB.TV and cable provides.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Try that site, then do a search for "San Francisco Giants." Maybe they will update it in a few weeks with even more listings.
                              I see, you assumed that they were going to broadcast those listings. Try clicking on the listings and you'll see they are not expecting to broadcast them (other than the one I previously mentioned). I think my list may be comprehensive, though 5 other games just might also enter the mix. I hope this benefits others interested in watching.

Comment

Working...
                              X