Log-in issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log-in issues

Sorry if this subject has been covered. I did a search but ran out of time after 18 pages!! After years of staying logged-in, all of a sudden I'm being asked to log-in. It started a few days ago...sometimes asked, sometimes not. Now I'm being asked each time when on my computer but not on my Kindle. Or, is that the problem; checking HT from more than one source? I've used a Kindle or iPod to occasionally log-in for over 6 months with no log-in issues 'til the last few days. Just curious what I might be doing wrong.

Re: Log-in issues

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Sorry if this subject has been covered. I did a search but ran out of time after 18 pages!! After years of staying logged-in, all of a sudden I'm being asked to log-in. It started a few days ago...sometimes asked, sometimes not. Now I'm being asked each time when on my computer but not on my Kindle. Or, is that the problem; checking HT from more than one source? I've used a Kindle or iPod to occasionally log-in for over 6 months with no log-in issues 'til the last few days. Just curious what I might be doing wrong.
    Tutu, have any setting changed on your rigs(comps/kindle/tablet/smartphone)? Might be that maybe your cache or cookies were somehow deleted.

Could also very well be something from the server side of things, but, I too am always logged in from home, but haven't been prompted to re-enter any info to get here.

hopefully Ryan will chime in.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

From previous experience even through you check on the option Remember Me?, who is doing the remembering is not the HawaiiTreads web site but rather what ever browser you are using at the time.

So if you use one browser and you entered the HawaiiThreads web site by typing http://www.hawaiithreads.com as the URL and then click on the Remember Me? while logging in, your browser will remember your login for as long as you are referencing any web page that starts off with http://www.hawaiithreads.com.

If by some chance you reference a page that says http://hawaiithreads.com your browser will not catch it since it was set for http://www.hawaiithreads.com.

One workaround which I haven't tried is to also reference this web site by http://hawaiithreads.com and click on the Remember Me? option.

Comment

Thx Tatt and Helen. Tatt, I hadn't changed any settings so I tried Helen's suggestion. We'll see if that works tomorrow morning! It's lights out time for me!

Comment

Poop! I've logged in both with and without the www and checked "remember me". I still have to log-in each time on my computer. Certainly not the end of the world, but...

Comment

What browser are you using?

Comment

Computer = Firefox
              Kindle = proprietary
              iPod = Safari
              Only have an issue with Firefox and only recently.

Comment

Any idea on the version of Firefox that you are using? I also take it that the computer is a Macintosh?

However at this point in the time will need to compare notes on other people who use Firefox.

Comment

Chrome here, but there were similar issues for me a couple of "latest version upgrades" ago.

Had to clear out the cache, cookies, and browser history then all was well in the WWWorld.
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Helen...I'm not on my computer right now so I don't know the Firefox version. However, it's always the latest version. Last update was awhile ago so I don't think that's the problem. I'll let you know once I'm at my, yes, Mac!!

Tatt...I'll try doin' what you did!!!

Thx for the help, you 2.

Comment

I'm using Firefox. 12.0.
                      I'll clear everything before I shut down tonight then see what happens tomorrow!

Comment

So...I cleared everything awhile back. Didn't help. Now I'm being asked to log in more than once a day. Once logged in, when I submit a reply, I get a dialogue box saying I'm not logged in and to log in again! I don't mind once a day but now it's getting excessive...and frustrating. I'm not going to bother Ryan with this right now.

Comment

Hmmm...still sounds like a cookie issue to me (but I can't offer any more help than that not-much-help comment). Are you using a "do not track" option on your browsers?

Comment

Tutu, I suggest you run a free application called "CCleaner". It will clear all your cookies and reset everything. It works for me. After running the application, you will have to sign in to each of your remembered sites the first time you sign on.

My email address book was hacked today sending out the "Amy Livingston" scam to everyone on the list. Very embarrassing! To clear the problem, I ran CCleaner and changed the password on my email account.
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

(guess I'm not on your list )
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                              X