Facebook Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Facebook Fate

Are you guilty of looking for someone's Facebook page after he/she appears on the news being accused of a criminal act?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
      Are you guilty of looking for someone's Facebook page after he/she appears on the news being accused of a criminal act?
      Would you have that person's back and still be his Facebook friend or dig out?

Comment

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebo...225527721.html

Good or Bad idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Simply because I know my personality and its addictions, and I WILL spend too much time there. [...] I just can't allow myself to spend that much time at the computer - it will draw me from other things in life that I must focus on. (I have avoided getting a smartphone for the same reasons, though I know it works against me in a number of ways.)
          Leo, I hope you reconsider. Yes, it does take a great deal of discipline to avoid wasting time on facebook, but the social networking value outweighs it by far. Let’s face it, twitter is a “celebrity wanna-be thing,” myspace is dead, and linkedin just hasn’t taken off the way the business community thought it would. Facebook is the “end all be all” network and there’s no sign of a slowdown in it’s global reach.

I am fortunate in my current employment, we aren’t allowed to use our smart phones (or have them visible) on the clock and our work computers don’t have internet access, except to certain work-related websites. Anyhow, I hope 2013 is the year you take the plunge for both facebook and smartphones. I recommend Google’s Android!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
            Leo, I hope you reconsider.
            2013 may be the year I do so - as I get back into producing records, it's been strongly recommended to me as a promotional tool.

Comment

So....

you all use Facebook? or at least some of you???

I heard a commentary on that instagram that people use a lot on Facebook, that instagram uses your own photo that you take & post, & uses it for their own gain &/or some sort of advertisements.

If I am wrong, or if you have heard differently, please do say so.
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

There was an update in Instagram's terms of service, set to take effect in mid-January, that said IG would be allowed to use your photos for such purposes, 'though the actual intent was probably not as evil as it sounded.

There was an uproar, though, as there often is on FB, and IG changed its terms of service to something a bit more reasonable. You can read the details here.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post

I heard a commentary on that instagram that people use a lot on Facebook
                  Frankly, I never understood this craze with "Instagram." If I want to post a photo on Facebook, I'll just post it - no third-party 'app' needed. The Myspace generation is trying to "prettify" fb, with very limited success. I seriously doubt there was any real benevolence on the part of Instagram backtracking. It's cold, hard dollars and cents. Sooner, rather then later, they will figure out how to best harvest the content people are uploading for commercial gain. The Cloud isn't free.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Sometimes one can be at the right spot at the right moment and
                    record some unique history.

It seems as though anything posted at facebook will be stored away from ones

grasp in a cloud. Strato-Cirrus

Comment

Frankly, I never understood this craze with "Instagram."
                      you know what? I NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT, either.

If I want to post a photo on Facebook, I'll just post it - no third-party 'app' needed.
                      That's my thoughts on that too!!.
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

I recommend Google’s Android!
                        I am not sure which kind of cell phone you have, BUT, I have an android mytouch Q U8730 keyboard slider, & I really like it!!. ,

I can check my facebook on it too, as well as my email, it's almost like an iPhone .
                        Aches & Pains

Comment

So....

you all use Facebook? or at least some of you???
                          I tried it and hated it, but they don't give me info on how to unsubscribe!
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I am not sure which kind of cell phone you have, BUT, I have an android mytouch Q U8730 keyboard slider, & I really like it!!. ,

I can check my facebook on it too, as well as my email, it's almost like an iPhone .
                            I recently upgraded from a Motorola Droid X to a Motorola Droid Bionic on Verizon Wireless. Based on your phone, the first thing I would recommend is to get off T-mobile. They spend the least amount of money, time and effort to upgrade their network which is why the internet (i.e. facebook) is so slow.

Don’t worry that your phone is “almost” like an iPhone. Android is better, which is why Apple is always copying innovations invented by Google! It’s also the reason why iPhone users are switching because of Apple’s refusal to allow superior apps like “Google Maps” and “Gmail” to be the default apps on an iPhone.

Both phones have quite advanced and intuitive Facebook apps. Anyone have a Windows phone or Blackberry with the Facebook app?

USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                              I tried it and hated it, but they don't give me info on how to unsubscribe!
                              Go to Help and search on deactivate account.

Comment

Facebook makes it notoriously hard to delete your account. In fact, I think you can easily "deactivate" it, but "deleting" takes much more effort. In either case, you're also guilted into coming back via emails that point out all the friends and news you'll miss. Log in again at any time within two weeks and your account is back from the dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X