Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Two and a Half Men" on CBS

Default "Two and a Half Men" on CBS

Two and a Half Men is one of those series that I watch but don't go out of my way to see it.

Do like the two main characters Charlie and Alan as well as the rest of the cast.

Right now the drawback to the series is that it airs the same time as Heroes.

Default Re: "Two and a Half Men" on CBS

That is why I miss Heroes every week! Because I leave 2 1/2 Men on so I don't miss Old Christine! And The Class....I need to get a TIVO!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

I LOVE 2 1/2 men.

Charlie Sheen is an amazing comedic talent on this show. And the relationship they have with their mother goes over the edge so much, that it's pure comedic genius.

The last sitcom that made me laugh this much was News Radio.

DD

The brains behind this show is the same people that created Dharma and Greg...no wonder it's funny.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRL

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

I am kind of bummed that CBS doesn't put at least the latest episode of Two and a Half Men on Innertube, like they do The Class or How I Met Your Mother. Missed the episode where Brooke Shields was on.

Did like tonight's episode where Charlie kicks out Alan from his house and he temporary stays with his ex-wife, which doesn't last long.

That show is a favorite of mine. The boy (son), though, is getting a little to old now to play the part of innocent little kid. They are gona have to make sure they let him age appropriately, and not keep him "dopey" too much longer.
    Now run along and play, but donít get into trouble.

I suspect tonight's episode is a repeat but I thought the episode where a drunken girl named Wanda showed up at Charlie's place was pretty funny. Like the scenes when Alan was throwing around words that was stumping Jake.

This show is pure writing genius and acting genius (imnsho, that is!). I don't watch it nearly enough but when I do I'm always amazed that there's actually a quality sitcom on network tv! I never watched Dharma and Greg so can't compare but my own comparison is Will and Grace.

Hmmmm. Am I the only one who absolutely despises this show?
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

In a word, no.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

can i ask why the 2 of you dislike this program so much?
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Ė Sydney J. Harris

Salmoned, I think you and I are the poster kids for the phrase, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as we see creative endeavors so different from one another! And, that's not a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Hmmmm. Am I the only one who absolutely despises this show?
    NO! I can't stand it either. Of course, I also hate Family Guy, so maybe I'm not the best one to ask about popular shows.
    Last edited by surlygirly; August 5th, 2009 at 11:47 PM.

Can't think of anything creative this time

I don't care for it either. I don't hate it, but it just doesn't tickle my funny bone. My husband likes it, but not enough to watch regularly.

Most of tonight's episode humor is from the female supporting characters in the form of Charlie's girlfriend (Chelsea), the houseskeeper (Berta) and the psychiatrist.

So since when Jake is able to drive a car?

Quote Originally Posted by Amati View Post
    The boy (son), though, is getting a little to old now to play the part of innocent little kid. They are gona have to make sure they let him age appropriately, and not keep him "dopey" too much longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    So since when Jake is able to drive a car?
    I think they are trying to finally let him grow up a bit, maybe the writers read HT?
    Now run along and play, but donít get into trouble.

I've been pretty lukewarm about this show since I first saw it. I agree with fans who say there's some really good talent here, especially with the Sheen/Cryer dynamic and there's some very good writing.

However, a lot of the good writing is wasted on insults. It's true that the show works because beneath the insults is genuine fondness and love, otherwise the characters would just be mean, and nobody really wants to watch a show whose main characters are only mean to each other. Still, it walks the line, and it just seems to me that insult, insult, insult, insult, no matter how clever or funny, gets to be a tiring formula.

The next time you watch this show, count how many of the laughs come because of an insult. It's got to be more than three quarters of the show's laughs. It's entertaining in its own way, but it gets to be a bit unbelievable, not to mention difficult to take.

I'm not above laughing at slapstick, but if you've ever tried to watch a whole episode of America's Funniest Home Videos (or whatever that show was called), you know that the humor of a crotch-hit wears thin when it's the sixth crotch-hit in half an hour. This is how I feel about the humor on Two and a Half Men. For all the talent that's represented, I kinda wish they'd vary the formula a bit.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

From the episodes I have seen so far Alan tends to be butt of insults from Charlie but this season it seems that he is either returning the insults or sorts of reminds him that his days of being single are numbered.

Tonight's episode has Charlie and Alan ending up in the bed of a strange woman and Charlie getting flashbacks of the night.

Tonight's episode is a repeat of when Emilio Estevez and James Earl Jones showed up.

Alan and Jake take a road trip to pick up a grandfather clock, they try to past the time by who can pass the loudest gas.

Charlie is left behind and he tries medical marijuana and imagnes old girlfriends.
    Last edited by helen; May 17th, 2010 at 08:44 PM.

Did they have to cancelled this series because of Charlie Sheen's off screen behavior? Couldn't they replace him with Emilio Estevez like how The Three Stooges replaced the third stooge with another Howard brother.

According to the LA Times, CBS just cancelled the rest of the season, not the series.

WB, they could replace him with a sock puppet and I could not possibly care less!!! This man is insane, unprofessional, and one effing sick quasi-human being!! His career is over, unless he's interested in 'Celebrity Rehab', or 'Im a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here'! Two & 1/2 Men is over, and Im okay with that, never liked that show one bit. CS will likely be dead by next year, anyway, so no worry about his contract renewal for his stupid show
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast