Are we pau with HT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are we pau with HT?

RE: Are we pau with HT? No, but we can work on improvements, such as keeping it pleasant about each other. I propose we try to keep HT on a positive note, and before anyone heads in the wrong direction, practice the adage "Don't speak ill of the dead".

Just saying.

Peaceful thoughts to all.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      I've never had real differences with the person in question, but there are reasons. Surely you could imagine some of them.
      Don't be calling people out on it.
      Nope, maybe my imagination ain't what it used to be. I never read anything but decentness from him, yet he seems to be almost reviled.
      Again, I didn't call out anyone in particular, it was an overall curious observation as to why most everybody ignored the moment which seemed rather odd.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

"New/Latest" (last 24 hours) posts = zero.
        Last new member= registered Aug.9 (two weeks ago), no posting, never signed on again.

Has the time arrived?

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
          "New/Latest" (last 24 hours) posts = zero.
          Last new member= registered Aug.9 (two weeks ago), no posting, never signed on again.

Has the time arrived?
          nah. It's just cycles. Busy time, school starting, lousy economy, job searches, etc., etc.

We will have times again where the "New" selection fills two pages on your screen.

BTW, I learned (I think either Helen or Leo told me - I forget) to always select "New" rather than "Latest", cause if you hit "Latest" and you are past that 24 hours you can miss entire threads. You can always hit "Latest" later to see if there's anything else there.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Sorry those colors are wonky on my screen, what is that advice again? Select what?

Comment

There doesn't seem to have a lack of comments on the Honolulu Star Advertiser website. But, they have the advantage of having set topics daily. Posters on this board don't want to start a new thread for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                Posters on this board don't want to start a new thread for some reason.
                A point which fits the topic of this very thread.

Comment

I'll keep starting threads on topics of interest to me, it serves as my free default cloud info storing service. Thanx, HT!
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Sorry those colors are wonky on my screen, what is that advice again? Select what?
                    "New" is in white, and "Latest" is in yellow.

I find that if I do 'select' as if I'm going to copy them, they show up fine. May not work on all screens or systems though....

Sorry bout that.
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I hope we keep Threads going. It seems to be getting pretty slow. This is something we would all miss if it went away. So...speak up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                        "New" is in white, and "Latest" is in yellow.
                        Maybe it is because there are just a few New/latest postings, but it seems that when I click on either of those two words the same list of postings appears. Just what is the difference (I'm here to learn)?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                          I hope we keep Threads going. It seems to be getting pretty slow. This is something we would all miss if it went away. So...speak up.
                          Well, if someone could answer my posting about how to make duplicate accounts, the handful of us could come back as 2 posters each and thus double our action.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                            I'm slowly giving up on posting new threads. I don't want to eat in an empty restaurant without posts. It's sad that this board might end up in the disappearing establishment thread. I miss the Oxtail soup at Wisteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              There doesn't seem to have a lack of comments on the Honolulu Star Advertiser website. But, they have the advantage of having set topics daily.
                              One advantage the SA has for getting responses is that the article is right there in front of the reader, so they have information to respond to. When it is just a link that is posted on HT, it turns off some readers who need a bit more info to get interested in. No offense, just a comment on how to perhaps entice more participation.

Comment

Well, if someone could answer my posting about how to make duplicate accounts, the handful of us could come back as 2 posters each and thus double our action.
                                My email account at Hawaiian Telcom has a provision for "child" accounts. No extra charge, and you clone your account under another user name. I made one for my wife. If your email agent has such a provision for making extra names for your account, that should work.
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X