Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Are we pau with HT?

Default Re: Are we pau with HT?

That was a real indication that few even pass by now.

Question Re: Are we pau with HT?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I don't know how many of the long time posters are still around. I noticed that in a recent thread with the passing away of poster Lika Nui. There were long time posters who didn't post their condolence in the thread.
    I don't think that's really any indication, Lika was OK, but he wasn't a 'Barry.' Some people endear themselves to others, some don't.

As for me, HT is the Internet highlight of my day. The folks here, with a few rare exceptions, are friendly, courteous, helpful... unlike most of the other Internet boards I frequent, which are usually filled with disdain, rudeness and one-upmanship.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

I think Threads is great! To anyone I have offended, I apologize. Its a great group of people. Best wishes to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalalau View Post
    I think Threads is great! To anyone I have offended, I apologize. Its a great group of people. Best wishes to all.
    Wha? Is today Yom Kippur or somthin with offering of kaphoreth?
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Exclamation Re: Are we pau with HaTe?

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Wha? Is today Yom Kippur or somthin with offering of kaphoreth?
    Yeah. It's the Summer Solstice tied to a Supermoon, a combination that comes around only every 52,560 years or so, known to the ancients as a Solsumoon. Any wrongs not regretted and abetted come back to you fifty fold.

You have until midnight at the International Date Line.
    ~ ~

And this is the brightest moon of the year! In San Diego who could ever tell, its the usual evening fog. Its bright fog. Reminds me of the Bicentennial when a huge fireworks show got shot off in the SF Bay area, exploding invisibly within all enshrouding fog, but the booms must have been magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    I don't think that's really any indication, Lika was OK, but he wasn't a 'Barry.' Some people endear themselves to others, some don't.

As for me, HT is the Internet highlight of my day. The folks here, with a few rare exceptions, are friendly, courteous, helpful... unlike most of the other Internet boards I frequent, which are usually filled with disdain, rudeness and one-upmanship.
    You are clearly frequenting many boards for which you are not suited - time for a change. Might I suggest StraightBourbon.com?
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by salmoned View Post
    You are clearly frequenting many boards for which you are not suited - time for a change. Might I suggest StraightBourbon.com?
    Even here, there are exceptions....
    ~ ~

Louisiana (northern as opposed to the more notable areas down south!)

Oh I hope it is not the case! Sorry if I have not been by lately but my connection was having touble making the connections. My android phone is not the best to zoom and try to sign on either! I will try to come up with some better topics if I can for the visitor's POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I don't know how many of the long time posters are still around. I noticed that in a recent thread with the passing away of poster Lika Nui. There were long time posters who didn't post their condolence in the thread.
    I'm still here and I chose not to participate in that thread. Perhaps I'm not alone. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Merely Malihini View Post
    I will try to come up with some better topics if I can for the visitor's POV.
    Yeaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    I'm still here and I chose not to participate in that thread. Perhaps I'm not alone. 'Nuff said.
    Don't be suprised if you see the HT cryptic police cruise slowly by!
    Why would anybody avoid posting for one of the better subscribers here in his passing, and do so in brigades?

delete dbl. post, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Why would anybody avoid posting for one of the better subscribers here in his passing, and do so in brigades?
    Tutu, does not have to justify herself to anyone. Do not be disrespectful to your elders!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    Tutu, does not have to justify herself to anyone. Do not be disrespectful to your elders!
    Mad mata, I may be an elder to you, so...

Sorry, but that's the TMZ in me. When they show a celebrity funeral on tv, they announce who attended. Then, you wonder why another celebrity who had a relationship with the deceased didn't attend. We do the same gossip thing after a funeral of a relative on who wasn't at the funeral.

Mad mata, I may be an elder to you, so...
    Matapule is an elder, even to me...but not by much.
    As to your other question, Ron...no comment. For now.

FTR, I was asking in generalities, not directly asking TS the question that prompted such a misguided tirade of defense from the bleachers.

FTR, I was asking in generalities, not directly asking TS the question that prompted such a misguided tirade of defense from the bleachers.
    I can't speak for TS, but I remember one particular thread where LN discussed his health issues in this forum. Some well-meaning suggestions and encouragement was given, urging LN to make certain changes in his diet and lifestyle. That he rejected the advice,.... well, that was obviously his choice. But what may have hit a raw nerve with some folks was the manner in which he did it. He responded to the advice in a taunting fashion, thumbing his nose at the very people who truly cared about him and didn't want to see him go down the path he was headed towards. Admittedly, a couple of posters didn't pull punches with him about his being in denial. But that's what "tough love" is all about, isn't it?
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

I missed all that somehow, FM, and dispite all our fighting I'm glad you're back and not dead, as had been suspected. The battle rages on!
    I can appreciate his denials, if that's what it was, staring death in the face sucks and we deal with it variously, plus we don't usually recognize the depths our non-actions can equal until it's too late. Life is tricky.
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; July 21st, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

I've never had real differences with the person in question, but there are reasons. Surely you could imagine some of them. I am not saying any of these reasons is why I am keeping my mouth respectfully shut, but come on. Don't be calling people out on it.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

RE: Are we pau with HT? No, but we can work on improvements, such as keeping it pleasant about each other. I propose we try to keep HT on a positive note, and before anyone heads in the wrong direction, practice the adage "Don't speak ill of the dead".

Just saying.

Peaceful thoughts to all.
    Now run along and play, but donít get into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    I've never had real differences with the person in question, but there are reasons. Surely you could imagine some of them.
    Don't be calling people out on it.
    Nope, maybe my imagination ain't what it used to be. I never read anything but decentness from him, yet he seems to be almost reviled.
    Again, I didn't call out anyone in particular, it was an overall curious observation as to why most everybody ignored the moment which seemed rather odd.

"New/Latest" (last 24 hours) posts = zero.
    Last new member= registered Aug.9 (two weeks ago), no posting, never signed on again.

Has the time arrived?

Thumbs down Re: Are we pau with HT?

Quote Originally Posted by Amati View Post
    "New/Latest" (last 24 hours) posts = zero.
    Last new member= registered Aug.9 (two weeks ago), no posting, never signed on again.

Has the time arrived?
    nah. It's just cycles. Busy time, school starting, lousy economy, job searches, etc., etc.

We will have times again where the "New" selection fills two pages on your screen.

BTW, I learned (I think either Helen or Leo told me - I forget) to always select "New" rather than "Latest", cause if you hit "Latest" and you are past that 24 hours you can miss entire threads. You can always hit "Latest" later to see if there's anything else there.
    ~ ~

Sorry those colors are wonky on my screen, what is that advice again? Select what?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast