• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are we pau with HT?

A boon to schizophrenics.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
      My email account at Hawaiian Telcom has a provision for "child" accounts. No extra charge, and you clone your account under another user name. I made one for my wife. If your email agent has such a provision for making extra names for your account, that should work.
      Here's the thread about the account question, thanks.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        One advantage the SA has for getting responses is that the article is right there in front of the reader, so they have information to respond to. When it is just a link that is posted on HT, it turns off some readers who need a bit more info to get interested in. No offense, just a comment on how to perhaps entice more participation.
        But, you don't know who's posting unless you click on every news items to see if certain posters wrote replies. Maybe there would be more posts if the board eliminated usernames. Every posts will be named coming from "Imua."

Comment

looks like we're back on track
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Maybe it is because there are just a few New/latest postings, but it seems that when I click on either of those two words the same list of postings appears. Just what is the difference (I'm here to learn)?
            New will show threads that have been created or updated with new responses since the last time you logged in. Latest will show threads that have been created or updated with new responses in the last 24 hours.

If you login to Hawaiithreads on a daily basis there is no difference between the two options, but if you login to Hawaiithreads every two or more days at a time you will notice more threads listed under New than Latest assuming other users are adding response to threads.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              New will show threads that have been created or updated with new responses since the last time you logged in. Latest will show threads that have been created or updated with new responses in the last 24 hours.
              Thanks for this useful information. I had been clicking on Latest because of its attractive color.
              Greg

Comment

Helen is the best at explaining these things!
                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                ~ ~
                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post

If you login to Hawaiithreads on a daily basis there is no difference between the two options, but if you login to Hawaiithreads every two or more days at a time you will notice more threads listed under New than Latest assuming other users are adding response to threads.
                  By gosh, my "new" list is definitely longer than the "latest" list (since I did not log on yesterday). Thanks all.

Comment

When it is just a link that is posted on HT, it turns off some readers who need a bit more info to get interested in. No offense, just a comment on how to perhaps entice more participation.
                    If you want longer posts. Get this guy.
                    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3991188.html

Comment

Pau? Or is it that Saturday night is a wild time of "going out" with HTers?

Most users ever online was 572, December 19th, 2008 at 10:01 PM.
                      Currently Active Users: 0 members

[Then I signed on to post this, so it became "1"]

Comment

Hmmm...at 7:55p (I assume that to be Hawaii time) last night I was getting wild!!! If one considers dinner with a friend at The Counter wild, that is! Ok, so it was on the calm side but delicious to be sure!

Comment

Tutu, at 7:55p (Hawaiian time) last night, I had already been in bed for 3 hours! Yeah, I admit I'm a party pooper.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I obviously was the grand party pooper, I was home on the internet on a Saturday night.

Comment

With about 13 thousand members, there's got to be someone to write stuff.

Comment

If you check the Member List the number of users who can actually post is around 4,400 members. The count of 13,000 is the total of users who attempted to sign up but for one reason or another hasn't verified their membership application.

Comment

Working...
                                X