Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote for Ala Moana Regional Park for $100,000 and title of “America’s Favorite Park”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for Ala Moana Regional Park for $100,000 and title of “America’s Favorite Park”

Mayor Peter B. Carlisle recently accepted a $10,000 grant from Coca-Cola to improve Ala Moana Regional Park and rally the community to vote for the park to win $100,000 and the title of “America’s favorite park.” Grants are provided to help restore, rebuild, or enhance activity areas in parks where people can play and be active.

“Ala Moana is among our most popular and celebrated parks,” said Mayor Carlisle. “It is utilized by paddlers, beach goers, swimmers, tri-athletes, runners, picnickers, and other active residents and visitors. It is also the venue for some of our biggest community events, such as the upcoming Fourth of July celebration. If we can get all of the people that come to the park on that holiday to check in and vote for Ala Moana, we will win this competition and get more money to make this park even better.”

Coca-Cola is hosting this contest for the third year and offers the park with the most votes a $100,000 recreation grant from the Coca-Cola Live Positively initiative. Second and third place parks receive $50,000 and $25,000, respectively, and a fourth place winner drawn at random from the remaining 25 parks wins a $15,000 grant. The national contest is currently underway and continues until Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.

If Ala Moana Regional Park receives additional grant money, improvement possibilities include work on sewer lines at the comfort stations, sprinkler upgrades, sand replacement, and general beautification.

There are two ways to generate votes in the contest:

1) Unlimited single votes can be cast at http://www.Livepositively.com/parks. Search “Ala Moana Regional Park,” and vote by clicking away. The direct link to the Ala Moana Regional Park page is: http://m.livepositively.com/park_det...b036beb9454cff

2) Generate 100 votes at a time by first downloading Foursquare to your mobile device, then visiting LivePositively.com/parks to link it to the website. Once you accept the permissions, you are ready to vote from the park. Foursquare is a social networking mobile application that allows users to post their location at a venue (“check-in”). If you are near or at Ala Moana Regional Park, “check-ins” at this location are possible every
    15 minutes. This is the most efficient way to produce votes.

High resolution pictures from the check presentation at Ala Moana Regional Park are available at the City and County of Honolulu Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/honolul...7630229637406/
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Vote for Ala Moana Regional Park for $100,000 and title of “America’s Favorite Pa

Voted, because I do love the park, and have spent a LOT of my time living at Discovery Bay, and the Windsor, sitting on the beach @ Ala MoanaBP, and body boarding just outside of magic island. It was my "local".
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Re: Vote for Ala Moana Regional Park for $100,000 and title of “America’s Favorite Pa

Been checking in every day for a week with Foursquare for the 100 vote bonus. And a lot of people have! Ala Moana has jumped from #49 when I first started checking to #15 now.

Comment

Working...
      X