88 in the 808

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 in the 808

Tell me how does it feel to have light breezes and temps not higher than 88??
    I can't even explain how disgusting 113 and no breeze feels where I am.
    If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Re: 88 in the 808

For August it's really really nice. Seems everywhere else is getting worse weather while Hawaii's get's better.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
      Come home, there's still room....
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I am still in the dreaming of stage! Trying to cover all my bases in alot of ways. Alot of people are reducing their "prints" in life, buying these tiny little storage buildings and setting it in a family member's yard and proudly showing off their 80 sq. feet, LOL. Well, mine would be my conversion van but I have no idea how long I would be able to get away with parking as needed for sleep then moving elsewhere when told by the 5-0. Unless I am forced to sell it, I will also have a fabulous motorcycle for extra transportation. If I were to skip the van route and go roommate way, it would have to be with someone willing and able to accept my 12 yr. old son and preferably a very sweet younger cat.
        I have two things to basically wrap up here before I could come and one of them won't be done until June of 13 for sure. The other will have ALOT to do with the financial aspect of moving there.
        Also I would have to find someone who would basically act as landlord in my place for the two properties I have, one which I rent out now and obviously, the other which would be up for rent unless my oldest son wants to stay in this town and live in it.
        Who knows? I just might be able to pull it off!!!!
        Last edited by memorylane; August 2, 2012, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
          I think on average, it's about a months worth (approx. 30 separate days) of very muggy/humid non-breezy days a year in Hawai'i.
          And they are not all at the same time to boot. Not bad, not bad at all!

Then on the subject of the temperature range here of very rare low 50's to possibly reaching 90?
          Amazingly comfortable compared to most of the world.

Yes we are very lucky indeed!
          Thanks memorylane for reminding us how blessed we are!
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Yes, it's time to get the hell out of OK http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technolo...203656312.html
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

You're very welcome Menehune Man, anytime I can be of assistance, just hollar, LOL

And Ron, thanks so much for that link, I hadn't seen that yet.

Comment

Just got back yesterday from a trip through the Midwest with my baseball-loving buddies. In Kansas City and St. Louis, the highs were in the 93-94 F range, with humidity close to 40%. It's the kind of weather that most people in Hawaii would find oppressive. Yet, I've been through worse. Took a trip to NYC last year in July when the mercury hit over 100 F when the east coast was in the midst of a sweltering heatwave. I remember spending the bulk of one day in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

We're fortunate for our weather. But we end up paying for it, that's for sure. High cost of living, homeless people from the mainland "migrating" here, etc.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                  In Kansas City and St. Louis, the highs were in the 93-94 F range, with humidity close to 40%. It's the kind of weather that most people in Hawaii would find oppressive.
                  That is surprisingly low humidity for a Midwestern summer day - you scored lucky in that realm. I grew up in the Midwest, with summer days where the temperature and humidity numbers were in the same range with each other; those were days I described as "walking through boiling Dippity-Do."

Hope you had a fun trip to the ball-fields (and maybe et some killer BBQ); did you consider taking an excursion north to Dyersville, Iowa, home of the Field Of Dreams?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    That is surprisingly low humidity for a Midwestern summer day - you scored lucky in that realm.
                    Yep. As I said, it could have been worse.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Hope you had a fun trip to the ball-fields (and maybe et some killer BBQ); did you consider taking an excursion north to Dyersville, Iowa, home of the Field Of Dreams?
                    I actually did on this trip! There's no admission charge to enter the Field of Dreams movie site. But other than the baseball field and the gift shop, there's nothing really else at that place to see or do. (Visitors cannot enter the house or the barn area.) I personally got a kick out of walking around that baseball diamond in the middle of nowhere. But you gotta make sure that everyone else in your group likewise has an appreciation for the movie. Otherwise, they're gonna feel like the whole trek to Dyersville is a big waste of time.
                    Last edited by Frankie's Market; August 6, 2012, 10:45 AM.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      But you gotta make sure that everyone else in your group likewise has an appreciation for the movie. Otherwise, they're gonna feel like the whole trek to Dyersville is a big waste of time.
                      Unless they used to own any Tonka toys, in which case they'd enjoy a visit to the National Farm Toy Museum. Beyond that ... yeah, not much to Dyersville ... small Midwestern towns do what they gotta for the few tourists who swing by.

Glad you got a kick out of the field, though. As you likely know, there's been a lot of controversy about the site over the years - first, because there were two farms that shared ownership of it, with one originally plowing it back over to return it to active farmland, to battles over "official" status for the gift shops, to the sale of one part to the owners of the other, to the more recent sale of the whole property. But if you enjoyed the movie, it's a sweet little side-trip, especially if there's an exhibition game that evening (with the players emerging from the cornfield).

And to steer myself ever-so-slightly back on-topic, as I type this, it is currently 82 degrees in Dyersville, with humidity at 37% - rather a tolerable summer's day back there.

Comment

Ey, no hi-jacking threads! LOL! j/k!!

I remember when I lived on Oahu (79-82), you knew it was cold when the islanders left an inch of space at the toes of their socks so they could still slide their flippers on, LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                        X