Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving!!!

Aug.3, 2012 Friday

My Hubby & I are in the process of moving from one apt. to another, hopefully soon.

I am looking for any website(s) you can recommend other than Craigslist to help us search for an apartment.

The Craigslist helps a little, but I want more sites to look at.

I think I tried apartments.com & no luck at all.

any recommendations?? or suggestions??

hope to hear back from you soon.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Moving!!!

hawaiiislandhomes.com has a rental section
    from top of the line at 5900+ per month to tiny little one room hotel like looking rooms.
    If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
      hawaiiislandhomes.com has a rental section
      from top of the line at 5900+ per month to tiny little one room hotel like looking rooms.
      Thank you for helping out . I was almost going to loose faith & Hope that no one at all was going to even try to help me at all.

I'll check into it. Thank you .
      Aches & Pains

Comment

check the Hawaii Board of Realtors website...check for properties for rent under www.hicentral.com

extensive listings as the realtors are provided a free venue for advertising their vacancies...more realistic in rents compared to craigslist...

I find craigslist.com to be expensive and biased in some of their ads by first time homeowners who are renting their units (who DON'T know the rental market) but FEEL their unit is WORTH MORE...MUCH MORE ...or shady other individuals who prey on the military personnel and charge more since they know that they have BAQ (allowance for living off base)...in other words, they'll want more since they know the government will pay up to a certain amount!

Some realty firms will charge even $25 or $50 MORE on craigslist even though they also advertise on hicentral.com ... so be careful.
        Last edited by hawaiiguy; August 4, 2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
          check the Hawaii Board of Realtors website...check for properties for rent under www.hicentral.com

extensive listings as the realtors are provided a free venue for advertising their vacancies...more realistic in rents compared to craigslist...

I find craigslist.com to be expensive and biased in some of their ads by first time homeowners who are renting their units (who DON'T know the rental market) but FEEL their unit is WORTH MORE...MUCH MORE ...or shady other individuals who prey on the military personnel and charge more since they know that they have BAQ (allowance for living off base)...in other words, they'll want more since they know the government will pay up to a certain amount!

Some realty firms will charge even $25 or $50 MORE on craigslist even though they also advertise on hicentral.com ... so be careful.
          wow!!. Thank you & I'll try to be careful .

speaking of "Shady"... I found this place called trulia.com (www.trulia.com ) NOW, that can sometimes be shady, renting 3 br 3 ba for $1000/mo. really , I think I would trust others more than Trulia.com

Thank you again for that site . I'll check it out.
          Aches & Pains

Comment

I'd love to see where and in what you ended up in (if it wouldn't seem too personal to show us a pic or two?)

Comment

I'd love to see where and in what you ended up in (if it wouldn't seem too personal to show us a pic or two?)
              I'll definitely will take a pic, once we find the right place & area .

My hubby checked out one apartment at that www.trulia.com site, & the picture that was posted, didn't do any justice at all, he told me that the apartment was a dump. I can't believe they would abuse such a site, & use false advertisements/picture(s) like that just to rent out apartments. It would be just a waste of time for the person who is looking for a nice place, & seeing it as nothing but a dump!!. sigh. .
              Aches & Pains

Comment

I just wanted to know if anyone else has more ideas on places/website(s) where to look for apartments for rent?.

Or midweek? newspapers? any where else you can think of?

The more the better .

I also tried apartments.com & homes.com no luck there .
                Aches & Pains

Comment

Realtors.com

"Looking to Rent" box.
                  Search for "Oahu, HI", and put in your price range, etc.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Try myapartmentmap.com type in Hawaii and the neighborhood you want. Also try hotpads.com and type in zip code.

monuia lelei (good fortune)
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Live in a vehicle and avoid the roaches!! LOL!

Comment

Live in a vehicle and avoid the roaches!! LOL!
                        Doesn't work. Roaches get in the cars too.
                        ~~~~~~
                        Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          Try myapartmentmap.com type in Hawaii and the neighborhood you want. Also try hotpads.com and type in zip code.

monuia lelei (good fortune)
                          Thanks for the myapartmentmap.com website, I think we may be interest in one & called for an appointment.

There was another one, but it required us to go to a website & download the application, but 7 pages long? was just too much for us.

The Hotpads, the prices are just wayy too high up there.

Thanks for help.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

There was one place that my hubby & I were almost interested in, BUT the thing was, no parking, & the bedroom was just wayyy too small .

although it was close to my friend's place, & has non coin operated washer/drier.

I was kind of bummed that we didn't get it .

Anyone else has more website to pass on for me to look at?

Hopefully the website does not require us to download 7 pages of application, sheesh .
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

we saw this place in Coyne street for rent, Oh My Gosh , outside looked like it was dilapidating, & the washer /drier was starting to rust, (inside was ok) AND what's worse, the 2 house across from each other, well, the electric bill is added together with that house, then divided into 2. so that means if you rent out that house, & the house across from you, & their bill is higher than yours , you end up paying part of their bill each time, cuz they are using A.C. & your not, can you believe that??!! just not fair!! !!

Gawd!! I hope we find one soon!!.

with that house, you are not allowed to pay the electricity individually, it has to be added with the other house across from you divided into 2.

That was from the Sunday newspaper too.

SIGH.
                              Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                              X