Shooting at College Station, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting at College Station, TX

Well here is the latest installment of weekly gun violence brought to you by the GUN NUTS!

A shooter with an automatic weapon killed a policeman and a civilllian at Texas A&M. The shooter was eventaully killed. So that makes a total of three deaths.

Absurd! All you gun advocates should be highly embarrassed. This is NOT a Second Amendment issue. Gun violence is a national epidemic that must be stopped now! STRICT GUN CONTROL measures now!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: More Gun Violence!

Yeah, or homo sapiens may soon become extinct, eh? Everyone's gonna die - guns hardly kill anyone, it's the bullets that do most of the damage. However, behind every bullet (and behind every traffic death) there's a human mind. Since it's all in the mind, there is no use harping on the guns (or the motor vehicles). Go to the source, the solution awaits.

Anyway, I'll strike up the call for 'MORE GUN VIOLENCE!' - Keep it coming, paleez.
    Last edited by salmoned; August 13, 2012, 02:11 PM.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Re: Shooting at College Station, TX

The shooter's family said he had been sick for a while, they expressed sympathy for the victims. How about helping out with hospital and therapy bills? Hey, that might be the ticket, start suing these people and their families, kind of like suing a bar that over serves patrons who go out and crash, or like law suits against tobacco companies.

So he was sick. Given that people have the right to own guns, shouldn't they have to be at least somewhat sane? Remember Charles Whitman, the ex-Marine who shot about 24 people from the top of the Texas tower at UT in the mid '60's? He was 'credited' as being the first mass shooter, autopsy showed he had a brain tumor. So he began as sane but developed a condition that turned him into a mass murderer. I don't know how you would administer sanity tests for gun ownership, but if driving licenses can be renewed every few years it should not be that hard to figure out some way to test for sanity. Of course driving is a privilege, owning a gun is a fundamental constitutional guarantee, though I think the framers might have written the 2d amendment a bit clearer if they had known our modern history.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
        owning a gun is a fundamental constitutional guarantee,.
        No it is not! The Second Amendment gives the right to raise a militia, to raise an army, which was against the law under British rule. That's what the Second Amendment is all about. The GUN NUTS have prostituted the Second Amendment to serve their own insane agenda.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Good point!

Comment

Keeping and bearing arms is one of the freedoms established in the Bill of Rights, without which we would be less free than the founders intended. It relates directly to the Forest and Game laws of England, which essentially restricted ownership of arms to wealthy land owners, despite the 'natural right' of citizens to bear arms under English common law. It is an individual freedom, for the people to own and bear arms, which could be employed by the federal government, states, local governments (or angry mobs) to form militia. The right is explicitly for the people, however, and shall not be infringed! [as it was in England]

It may be unfortunate that this right provides an opportunity for malignant groups or individuals to wreak havoc, but that is one of the freedoms upon which our society is based. Many places lack that freedom, anyone here is free to emigrate whenever our foundational laws seem unbearable. As well, one could work to have the law changed - have at it. Don't expect support from this quarter.
            Last edited by salmoned; August 14, 2012, 10:20 AM.
            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Well, here is the latest installment of weekly gun violence misinformation brought to you by the ANTI-GUN NUTS!
              Originally posted by matapule View Post
              A shooter with an automatic weapon killed a policeman and a civilllian at Texas A&M. The shooter was eventaully killed. So that makes a total of three deaths.

Absurd! All you gun advocates should be highly embarrassed. This is NOT a Second Amendment issue. Gun violence is a national epidemic that must be stopped now! STRICT GUN CONTROL measures now!
              Already we have strict gun control measures regarding automatic weapons. They were outlawed in 1933! 79 years ago!

If 79 years of strict laws didn't stop this PLAIN NUT, you think new ineffective laws will do anything???

What do you propose that's more strict than totally outlawing a gun? Daily house-to-house search and seizure???

Who is going to pay for it? How do we enforce such a thing?

Mata - you are a dyed-in-the-wool ANTI-GUN-NUT!

Why don't you campaign for gun laws in your beloved Mexico, where the gun death rate far outstrips America? Or move somewhere where the laws are more to your liking?

We Americans have fought hard for our freedom over more than 200 years, and we are going to KEEP our freedom, in spite of those who wish to steal our hard-earned gains of FREEDOM!

You might like Russia....
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Anti-Gun-Nuts Skewed Opinions

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                No it is not! The Second Amendment gives the right to raise a militia, to raise an army, which was against the law under British rule. That's what the Second Amendment is all about. The GUN NUTS have prostituted the Second Amendment to serve their own insane agenda.
                Wrongo! No they have not. In fact, it seems you haven't been listening; the U.S. Supreme Court disagrees. They have issued a decision that second amendment rights are individual rights! Just like the other nine rights expressed in the Bill of Rights.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (emphasis mine)

That is people, PEOPLE, as in: "We the people of the United States..."

A Militia, as defined: "The term militia, or irregular army, is commonly used today to refer to a military force composed of ordinary citizens to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service."

Naturally, we don't want gun-nuts (or anti-gun-nuts) - (or any other kind of nuts) defending our freedoms for which so many have fought, bled and died, so it IS reasonable to screen our citizens before allowing them to own firearms. This is a reasonable law. However, without due cause, it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to deny a stable, law-abiding citizen the RIGHT (not a privilege, a RIGHT), to keep and bear arms for the common defense, and for defense of life, liberty and property.

No one has a right to use a firearm to commit murder, much less mass murder, and this should be our aim - to pass laws which prevent firearms from getting into the hands of those who would do such.

It is impossible to ban all firearms successfully. So why don't you come up with a good strategy instead of shooting (pun intended) your mouth off before you have put your brain in gear.

Frankly, I admire your intention, which as I perceive it, is to curtail firearm deaths. I am with you there, but I am unwilling to kowtow to a totalitarian regime in order to do so.

I wonder, what if the 4 million Cambodian dead would have had the right to keep and bear arms....
                Last edited by Kaonohi; August 14, 2012, 09:30 PM.
                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                ~ ~
                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                X