Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oceanic Time Warner

http://www.oceanic.com/products/tele...al_cable/guide

Oceanic changed their color on their TV Guide.

I am not sure if the link above will be able to help to bring it back to the original color.

Personally I don't like it. Who Has Oceanic? I have sent them my thoughts about it through their feed back.

My TV guide color is Black in the back ground, white, grey, & light blue. I was just getting use to the original color before that.

I did receive a call prior to the change, but the automated call didn't specify what type of changes it was being made. I thought it would be for the better, etc. & not the UGLY color of the TV guide NOW.

Did you receive any color changes on your home tv guide? what color is it? & do you like it? why &/or why not?

Just thought I would ask.

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Oceanic Time Warner

Got the call on my answering machine a few days ago, I wasn't paying too much attention to the message and last night my cable box rebooted.

Did notice the change in the cable guide display, right now I am kind of neutral on it.

Comment

Didn't get the phone call. Noticed the change yesterday morning. In lifes big picture the color of the on-screen guide doesn't hold any importance to me. As long as I'm wearing my TV viewing glasses I can still see it!

Comment

With TiVo in the house, the very concept of "live television" and asking "What's on now?" doesn't much factor into our household. 95 percent of what we watch is recorded, organized, and easily watched on-demand.

The only time that on-screen channel guide is running is during the Holiday's when we're lazy and looking for basic Christmas background music.

Of course, we're on Oceanic's basic, analog service, and the channel guide is just a simple scrolling list of some 60-odd channels. Maybe the digital setup is different and more necessary or compelling?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          Maybe the digital setup is different and more necessary or compelling?
          It is. If I remember right the analog guide was located on one channel (on Oahu used to channel 12 but that got moved) and would display the current time plus the next two 30 minute sections as it scrolls through the channels available to it while something plays in the background (Oahu had Hawaiian music, Kauai had the NOAA weather radio).

For Digital cable service you press the "Guide" button on the remote and the screen splits into 3 areas. The top right area is a small version of the current channel being aired (so you won't be missing what's on), the top left shows additional information about whats selected on the bottom section.

The bottom section is the actual guide. The way it is presented it display 5 channels at a time, with the current channel being viewed is in the center. With the remote control you can use the up and down arrows to change the channels being displayed. Time is currently listed as three 30 minute blocks, using the left and right arrows on the remote control you can view programs between 2 hours in the past to 6 days in the future. The listing in the center, left most time slot is highlighted (some shade of blue), which can be acted on for instance if you press the Select button on the remote control you can set additional options.

Comment

There’s a lot more changes going on at Oceanic than their new TV guide. In the last couple of days Oceanic switched channels for OC 16 and OC 12 “for contractual reasons,” according to their info page. If I understand it correctly, OC 16 (which is now on channel 12) now incorporates the free UH sports programming package (which used to be on OC 12), and OC Sports (previously OC 12) is now on channel 16, and now becomes their pay-per-view UH sports package program (which used to be channels 254 and 255). Whew! I think I got that right, but I could be wrong.

Additionally, as far as I’m aware, their UH pay-per-view package has yet to be set. It’s still under negotiation (presumably because of UH's entry into the Mountain West conference), so renewal notices and pricing have yet to be announced. And football season starts two weeks from now (September 1st against #1 ranked USC on the road, which will be shown on ESPN, thank God!).

So does anyone have any inside info on what’s going on?

Comment

Well, I was wrong. It seems the two just changed channel numbers. I thought OC Sports would be the pay-per-view channel because after the switch, Channel 16 was not showing anything. It was just blank. But yesterday, they began to show re-runs of UH games.

And the first game against #1 USC is on Fox Sports, not ESPN. Furthermore, I looked at the 12 game schedule, and six of those games are already slated to be televised by entities other than Oceanic, mostly by CBS Sports, which holds the rights for the Mountain West Conference. So it seems the multi-million dollar contract with UH might be in jeopardy.

The thing that gets me is that the channel switch was so sudden and somewhat mysterious. And not a peep has come out about it. So hush, hush. But the season is less than two weeks away.

Comment

We got a piece of mail alerting us to the change. Read it, said "meh, whatever" and threw it away.

So of course when it happened it surprised us both, but we're learning to live with it.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                  Well, I was wrong. It seems the two just changed channel numbers. I thought OC Sports would be the pay-per-view channel because after the switch, Channel 16 was not showing anything. It was just blank. But yesterday, they began to show re-runs of UH games.
                  Actually, I was a little skeptical about your previous post. I would have been most surprised to see Oceanic suddenly make the live UH sports PPV channel available on the analog tier. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that all premium, VOD, and PPV channels are only available to digital subscribers.

And just to make it clear, the OC Sports channel on the analog lineup is NOT the PPV channel. It is merely an outlet that shows either taped broadcasts or live events (i.e. baseball, soccer, etc.) that are not PPV.

And the first game against #1 USC is on Fox Sports, not ESPN. Furthermore, I looked at the 12 game schedule, and six of those games are already slated to be televised by entities other than Oceanic, mostly by CBS Sports, which holds the rights for the Mountain West Conference. So it seems the multi-million dollar contract with UH might be in jeopardy.
                  The exact dollar figures will probably be prorated accordingly. I don't think the entire UH-OTW agreement is in jeopardy.

The thing that gets me is that the channel switch was so sudden and somewhat mysterious.
                  What gets me is OTW's plan to carryover the OC16 name over to channel 12, even though it will no longer be on analog channel 16. Reminds me of what OTA viewers were probably thinking when KHNL rebranded themselves as "News 8," even though they were still channel 13 on the VHF band.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                  X