Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul

Default Ron Paul

Here is what Ron Paul says about Hurricane Irene:

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul told NBC News on Friday that "there's no magic about" the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). He said that he doesn't see the need for a federal response to Hurricane Irene as the powerful storm makes its way up the east cost.
    "We should be like 1900, we should be like 1940, 1950, 1960," said the Texas congressman in weighing in on the matter during a stop in New Hampshire. He regarded FEMA as a "great contribution to deficit financing."

Yep, these are the Teapublicans and Libertarians (synonymous terms) wanting us to retreat to the 19th Century rather than moving forward. This is the way he feels about disasters in someone else's district, but if there would be disaster in HIS district, he would be the first to criticize FEMA and the President for not giving more aid to him. He is just a self-centered dolt. A pox on his house and those that support him.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Default Re: Ron Paul, Teabagger

There is that horrible Black teapot rep from Florida, so vicious, his every word is poison, yet with his own brother out of work he told his brother to go to a job fair organized by liberal Black Democrats in Congress. The hypocrisy is so thick you could cut it with a fork. Tea pot get the gvt off our back folks in the Midwest signing up for all kinds of crop subsidies. Thats OK, thats fine, but to then complain about it...And then the whole ethanol thing.

Like this San Diego hick some station found to interview during the slaughter of Mrs. Clinton's health proposal: "I am perfectly happy with my VA benefits, I am happy with my Social Security, I am happy with my Medicare, I don't want the gvt. getting involved in health care." There should be some kind of reward to recognize this kind of stupidity. Hold the fools up for public scorn

The racist newsletters attributed to Ron Paul resurface yet again:
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...w-borger-video

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    The racist newsletters attributed to Ron Paul resurface yet again
    This idiot just threw his campaign down the drain by running away from the interview, clearly unprepared to disarm this bomb even tho he's known for years it was gonna blow at some point. He could have vaulted himself far into the lead by addressing it deftly, instead he showed himself as a total fool. Yet this lying bigot and millions of followers consider him presidential material? Every time he's put on the spot about civil matters he instantly fumbles and crumbles, having absolutely no clue or interest in the average Joe or our problems.

South Florida politics is a sticky ooze.
    Running through that pool is like trying to run in a shallow stream from Puu'eo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    This idiot just threw his campaign down the drain by running away from the interview, clearly unprepared to disarm this bomb even tho he's known for years it was gonna blow at some point..
    I agree Ron. Running away is hardly they way to answer a serious question. In my opinion, the Newt has done the best job of answering questions about his past. However, those answers do not reassure anyone.

I think the Ronster would get more traction with his core political supporters if he wouuld just come out and say, "I still believe those things. Yes, I am a racist and I believe that America should be for whites only." In my opinion, that's what his hard core supporters want to hear.

This group of GOTP Presidential aspirants is a joke for the ages!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

RP's core will stick with him no matter what, but the flighty fringe will flake from this cardinal sin, and it's just the surface patina of what we have yet to know about this kook.
    Same with The Newt, there is still so much yet to surface about him that he stands no chance. He's already sinking back down in polls just from the minimal scrutiny he's gotten as a top runner. As soon as he gets some $ he'll ditch the positive BS and go for Willard's eyes and throat.
    Mitten? He's a pseudo left leaning flip-flopping say anything Mormon. The WASP core con job base will never allow him to have a chance at the nomination.
    Yet, one of these gross undesirables will be nominated!

This current week of GOP self-sucker punching that left them wondering what just happened as they had their extremist butts handed to them by Reid will be remembered, it was a crucial turning point in National perception. By taking the radical unfairness of the so-called right who support only the mega-rich and wanted to screw Americans even worse right at Christmas time during painful economic times, the con jobs who now own this bad economy due to their obstructionista ways will now be tarred by their own actions, and it won't be forgotten even as things get worse for them. Dems are now considered better at National security, fiscal responsibility, and holders of the moral highground, all hilltops long considered held by the righties. That's all over and now the only way cons can hope to win anything is to lie, foment hate, promote ignorance, suppress voting, and redistrict. These total losers cannot win squat if based on any issue. That's what happens when you go further and further to an extreme and then let the extreme fringe completely hijack a party. This election season and '12 will be delicious to enjoy. The best con jobs can hope for is for Gov. Cristy Creme to jump in as VP, and then we'll watch him blow himself up. Who knew it would be this much fun?!
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; December 23rd, 2011 at 11:34 AM.

Default Re: Ron Paul

The power of the written word is inestimable.
    All that old dirty laundry comes up at just the wrong time.
    A mere coincidence

Thumbs up Re: Ron Paul

Looks like all this “negative campaigning” by matapule and Ron Whitfield has had no effect on Ron Paul. According the Des Moines Register, Paul is peaking at the right time in a statistical tie for first place with Mitt Romney! What a breath of fresh air for the institutional GOP. I’m proud to support the only anti-war libertarian-leaning fiscal conservative running for Prez! Apparently, there’s a groundswell of support building in Hawai‘i, as well. Check out this new website!
    Last edited by TuNnL; January 2nd, 2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: punctuation

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Quote Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
    Looks like all this “negative campaigning” by matapule and Ron Whitfield has had no effect on Ron Paul. According the Des Moines Register, Paul is peaking at the right time in a statistical tie for first place with Mitt Romney!
    Hey, I didn't write his racist newsletters! He is the one who put his name on them and endorsed their contents. Once a racist, always a racist!

What a breath of fresh air for the institutional GOP.
    Yep, racism is always "a breath of fresh air."

I’m proud to support the only anti-war libertarian-leaning fiscal conservative running for Prez! Apparently, there’s a groundswell of support building in Hawai‘i, as well.
    Well I'm proud to be anti-racist! Support Wrong Paul all you want, but he will NEVER be the Teapublican Presidential nominee. "Apparently" Wrong Paul's support is declining has a result of turning over the rock he lives under and seeing the real belly of the beast.

Paul is peaking at the right time

What a breath of fresh air for the institutional GOP.

I’m proud to support the only anti-war libertarian-leaning fiscal conservative running for Prez!
    He crested 2 weeks ago, and even with the slightest media examination is receeding back in the shadows with every word he says. Yet I hope he get's enuf traction to continue his pointless pursuit just to allow him more rope to further hang his political aspirations, and with it those of his kid.

Even the aroma of a cesspool is 'fresh air' amongst the stench of this current GOP field of screams. And they mightily swore this time they'd put forth the strongest candidates in political history! Paul is on the radar only because front runner tortise-on-his-back Romney isn't electable in the closed eyes of extremists.

As one of many examples of his excessive nuttery, you're proud to support a kook that says we shouldn't have engaged ourselves into WW2?
    We wouldn't be here today had the US not entered and won that war.
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; January 2nd, 2012 at 01:13 PM.

Going back into history ,it's interesting to research the state departments feeling
    about placing the US into yet another global conflict.
    Initially the isolationist components of the mainstream media seemed to hold sway, but after Pearl that poise had to be changed...after ww2 the companies that prospered from tragedy had to make up some new wars to continue making
    money.

Lightbulb Re: Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    he will NEVER be the Teapublican Presidential nominee. "Apparently" Wrong Paul's support is declining
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    He crested 2 weeks ago, and even with the slightest media examination is receeding back in the shadows with every word he says.
    I don't recall among the thousands of posts the two of you have banged out any level of accuracy among political predictions. I will say, however, that every pre-caucus poll I've seen has had Ron Paul in the top tier. And contrary to your erroneous claims, the BBC's preliminary results of the GOP Iowa caucus do seem to confirm those earlier indicators.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Just like RP, you run away from the serious questions.

I will say, however, that every pre-caucus poll I've seen has had Ron Paul in the top tier. And contrary to your erroneous claims, the BBC's preliminary results[/URL] of the GOP Iowa caucus do seem to confirm those earlier indicators.
    And if anyone needs a reminder of how valuable the Iowa caucuses are in determining the final outcome, just ask President Huckabee.

(Personal note - As an Iowa resident until 1984, I participated in several caucuses. Damn, but Democracy can be bone-chillingly cold in January in Iowa!)

With 99% of precincts reporting, here's what the Associated Press is saying:
    Rick Santorum 29,662 24.6%
    Mitt Romney 29,657 24.5%
    Ron Paul 25,926 21.5%
    Newt Gingrich 16,002 13.2%
    Rick Perry 12,442 10.3%
    Michele Bachmann 6,031 5%
    Jon Huntsman 734 0.6%
    Herman Cain 58 0%
    Buddy Roemer 47 0%

No Preference 131 0.1%
    Other 118 0.1%
    Last edited by Leo Lakio; January 3rd, 2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Adding results

well, looks like as of right now - Ron Paul is comin in 3rd place.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Only 3.1 points behind first. Not bad. At this stage of the game, I think it's more important if in the next round he goes up and/or exceeds predictions. He's in the game and it's more about trend then winning.

RP's #s will collapse outside of Iowa, but I hope not, the more the GOP race is entangled the better it is for Obama as they shoot at each other. But an angry Newt will be gunning for Romney at the tune of 9 mil and the next GOP debates will be nothing but a mugging. At each opportunity Newt will turn it into a blowtorch for Romney's face. It should be fun.

Sarah Palin was wise to back out.
    She was the only GOP candidate with any real charisma.
    And probably saw enough of the power games going on to see
    it is a pool full of sharks.
    Better to enjoy home grilling in Juneau than justice in Dallas.

Thumbs up Re: Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    Only 3.1 points behind first. Not bad. At this stage of the game, I think it's more important if in the next round he goes up and/or exceeds predictions. He's in the game and it's more about trend then winning.
    Good point, GeckoGeek! Apparently, the Boston Globe agrees:

FOUR YEARS LATER
    Paul emboldened by strong showing
    By Brian C. Mooney
    GLOBE STAFF
    JANUARY 04, 2012

ANKENY, Iowa — Maverick Ron Paul, who was dismissed four years ago as an annoyance by the Republican Party establishment, left Iowa last night as a force to be reckoned with in the Republican nominating contest.

By drawing a large influx of independent voters to the first-in-the-nation caucuses, Paul turned in a strong third-place showing and heads to New Hampshire for next week’s primary as a man with a mission.

A 12-term congressman from Texas with a strong libertarian bent, Paul has built a campaign designed to compete deep into the six-month calendar of primaries and caucuses that will determine who challenges President Obama in November.

USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

a very long time ago when I was learning how to play Backgammon, a friend taught me "there is no such thing as 2nd place - you either win or you lose". I pretty much agree with that philosophy. Losing doesn't come in degrees - its a very finite thing. It doesn't matter by how many points or whether you came in 2nd or 3rd or whatever. You either win or you lose - its a very simple concept.
    Last edited by anapuni808; January 3rd, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

I will say, however, that every pre-caucus poll I've seen has had Ron Paul in the top tier. And contrary to your erroneous claims, the BBC's preliminary results of the GOP Iowa caucus do seem to confirm those earlier indicators.
    Third place in Iowa is top tier? 79% of Iowa Christianican evangelicanTeapublicans DID NOT vote for Wrong Paul, If there is anywhere he chould have won the whole enchilada, it should have been Iowa. If Iowa is not where he can win, then what State is it? (Watch Tunnel ignore this question)

a very long time ago when I was learning how to play Backgammon, a friend taught me "there is no such thing as 2nd place - you either win or you lose".
    In general, I'd agree. But Iowa is not the game. I don't think it's even the first quarter. It's a playoff. As long as you're not eliminated, you're a winner.

My impressions being a distant observer is the caucus are all about momentum to the vote that does count. Have the front runners peaked too early? Can someone in the back move up? Will someone blunder?

I think if you look at the past elections there's been a poor correlation between the early caucus winners and who got the nomination.

I predict that the press will follow the first 4 people. The rest will fall of the radar.

I'm not sure what to think about Newt. This isn't his first go-around. I'd think he'd have to be closer to be considered viable, but I'm not sure. He will have to do much better soon or he's eliminated.
    Last edited by GeckoGeek; January 4th, 2012 at 05:53 AM.

From the article TuNnL quoted, I believe this is the key to Paul's strong showing in Iowa:
    By drawing a large influx of independent voters to the first-in-the-nation caucuses...
    The votes of independents are critical in elections now, and if that's where Paul's appeal lies, it will serve him well.

I think GeckoGeek is also accurate in his assessment:
    Quote Originally Posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    Iowa is not the game. I don't think it's even the first quarter. It's a playoff. As long as you're not eliminated, you're a winner. ~~~ I predict that the press will follow the first 4 people. The rest will fall of the radar.
    Iowa caucuses draw so much attention because they are the first "real" vote of the political race (as opposed to straw polls and the like), involving citizens who actually want to participate in the process and will vote. (As I noted earlier, you really have to want to get involved in order to go trudging out in an Iowa winter - remember those, anapuni808? - to participate in the caucuses.)

But the actual results mean little to the final outcome in that anyone can participate, not just those of that political party - that's how independent votes can be a factor; you can "register" to be in that party the night of the caucus, participate, and "un-register" immediately following. Trust me, there will have even been a percentage of Democrats who will did this last night (and Republicans who did so in the 2008 Demo caucuses, and so on).

In addition, you aren't electing a candidate at these events - the caucus is the process by which representatives are selected to go to the county conventions, where delegates are selected for the state convention, which then chooses who sits at the national conventions, where the votes are finally cast for a nominee. But there is NOTHING that requires those delegates (who were originally selected because of their commitment to a specific candidate) to cast votes for said candidate; they are free to change their support without fear of reprisal. And many do over the length of the process, because their candidate drops out and endorses someone else.

GG is right - it's a playoff, and a very early-round one at that.

Was Paul's showing "strong" or "disappointing"? The Washington Post can't seem to decide either. From their front-page coverage today:

Rep. Ron Paul (Tex.) scored a close but disappointing third-place finish…
    – Karen Tumulty’s Washington Post story

Although Santorum and Paul proved the doubters wrong with their strong showings Tuesday…
    – Dan Balz’s Washington Post piece
    (Courtesy of jimromanesko.com)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast