X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man on a Ledge

Man on a Ledge (2012)
    Elizabeth Banks, Sam Worthington, Ed Harris

I’m not spoiling anything when I say that the man on the ledge isn’t really there to kill himself. He’s there because he’s an escaped convict, an ex-cop who was framed for the theft of a very expensive diamond, and while he’s on the ledge, not only does he bargain for someone to hear his side of the story, but he serves as a distraction while his brother tries to steal the supposedly stolen diamond from the wealthy owner who framed him.

And that’s pretty much all I’ll say because I don’t think I can share another detail without spoiling it for anyone who might see it. Although really, you could go your whole life without seeing this movie and it really wouldn’t matter, which I hate to say because I love Elizabeth Banks, who plays the police negotiator kind of caught between the police department who wants this man put back in jail and the man on the ledge, who claims he’s innocent.

The performances are fine. The story, while a bit complicated, is fine. The dialogue is fine. If I had been forced to leave the theater sometime in the middle of the picture, I would have wondered what happened. So I guess I kind of cared about the story and characters, but my caring ceased as soon as the credits rolled and I was tossing my soda cup into the trash. This wouldn’t be a bad rental, but please don’t change any plans in order to see it.

I’ve seen Elizabeth Banks in four films released in 2012, making her the leading candidate for my Most Valuable Player award.

5/10 (IMDb rating)
    50/100 (Criticker rating)
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com
Working...
X