Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The '12 GOP convention

A time for laughter and wonder...
    I find it absurdly fitting that the most extreme members of the con vanguard, the kookmonger elite, who's various wacko ideologies and devisive/exclusionary thinking is truly the heart and soul of the party, such as Palin, Bachmann, Cain, Trump, Perry, Paul, etc. and who were all loudly hearalded from all previous mountaintops, are suddenly less welcome this week in Tampa for their broke-leg dog and pony show than a full broadside by Hurricane Issac. Instead, the big $$$ promo party is filled with the faces they consider to be next in line for Presidential considerations.
    Mike Huckabee is now the real odd duck here with his recent Todd 'nut job' Akin love defense. It came too close to show time for them to ax him out, so now they have to nervously watch his every step until they can say thank you and sweep him away.
    Also interesting, the Ron Paul/Tea baggist contingents are being shown the virtual door by being seated en mass in the nosebleed sections of the arena, a huge structure which by the way was built with Gvmt. monies..., so they won't be heard by viewers should they shout or show something embarrassing past the trickster's security watchful eyes.
    All this AND the possible storm ruination of the event are making this week's GOP stagger a must-see event.
    Last edited by Ron Whitfield; August 27, 2012, 04:57 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: The '12 GOP convention

Here I am. Rock you like a Paul Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      the Ron Paul/Tea baggist contingents are being shown the virtual door
      but not without protest...

GOP convention gets rowdy in rift over Ron Paul

By Brian Bakst and Stephen Ohlemacher
      Associated Press
      POSTED: 11:46 a.m. HST, Aug 28, 2012
      LAST UPDATED: 11:47 a.m. HST, Aug 28, 2012

TAMPA, Fla. >> Feeling slighted, supporters of Texas Rep. Ron Paul's presidential bid chanted and booed Tuesday after Republican convention delegates adopted new rules that could impede insurgent candidates in the future.

The brief uproar was a rare unscripted moment in a carefully-choreographed convention that organizers hoped would showcase Republican harmony over nominee Mitt Romney. After the voice vote on the rules, the next speaker was quickly called in an attempt to limiting the amount of time Paul's supporters had to chant “Shame on you.”

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

It's really stunning to see the GOP say all week how open, inclusive, and under a 'big tent' they are, all while proving the opposite at every turn. Here, they're working nothing but the hard core $$$ contributors with lie upon lie and making sure there is as little truth, controversy, or exception as possible to expose the obvious until they can run out of there asap. It's baffling how anyone could associate with these nasty nasty people in any way. And yet, the shunned will be back, like it's no problem.

Comment

It's really stunning to see the GOP say all week how open, inclusive, and under a 'big tent' they are, all while proving the opposite at every turn.
          Regardless of your political leaning, you should be disturbed when bearing witness to the “nos” clearly being at least as loud as the “ayes” when the chair made a motion to disqualify Ron Paul delegates from Maine. He should have called for a vote, but was obviously fearful of the outcome. From C-Span:

This entire convention is a shibai.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

An elder gentleman called Harry Dean probed these matters many years ago.

What he learned caused some problems. as he found some close links between

the John Birch Society and Ezra Taft Benson.

Elect Mitt if one wants a Nazi state.

Comment

Hang in there TuNuL. There is a HUGE groundswell of support for Ron Paul everywhere in the USA. Ron Paul has the nomination in the bag and he is going to beat Obama by 80% to 20% in the general election. You heard it here.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                Don't be so generous. If it were only a pile of shibai...

Comment

Is it just me, or does Paul Ruin really resemble Pee Wee Herman? and sound like him too?
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    Regardless of your political leaning, you should be disturbed when bearing witness to the “nos” clearly being at least as loud as the “ayes” when the chair made a motion to disqualify Ron Paul delegates from Maine. He should have called for a vote, but was obviously fearful of the outcome.
                    It does disturb me how much effort is being expended to shut down Ron Paul's representatives. Regardless of my own political leaning, the candidate DID earn a voice at the convention, though I'm not at all surprised at the party's behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      Is it just me, or does Paul Ruin really resemble Pee Wee Herman? and sound like him too?
                      No, it's merely the whole GOP resembling a 3rd rate Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Comment

No, it's merely the whole GOP resembling a 3rd rate Pee Wee's Playhouse.
                        What are the secret words where you scream real loud?

Comment

Just a festival of lies. Ryan, undeniably a great speech, but all BS, just BS tailored to persuade people, no relation to fact at all. How, I wonder, can people be soooooo stupid??? Lets go back to the economics that dug the grave out of which we have been trying so hard to climb, and the public eats it up. Oh well.

Have you ever known a person who is a congenital liar? They lie just for the sake of lying. You catch on to them pretty fast, its boring, nothing entertaining at all, I try to drop off their scopes. So I haven't watched more than a few minutes of the RNC. Why would I? Heard it all before, dozens of times. And my family was all Eisenhower Republicans; pro womens rights, pro civil rights, pro peace, pro environment Republicans like Oregon gov. Tom McCall, but that was long, long ago. Tea party =~ John Birch Society.

Comment

No, but I know a red Republican - I guess it's just about the same thing these days. Too bad - it's a family member. Big on the pledge of allegiance with the 'under God' phrase and other inanities.

If Democrats are for 'tax and spend', then Republicans are for 'spend and spend'. One is balanced, the other is not.
                            Last edited by salmoned; August 30, 2012, 06:38 PM.
                            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Over the years I've had numerous con-loving friends who always defended the many indefensibles and denied the lying of those they supported. Of all those friends, I know and care where 2 are and what they're doing nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                              X