Thread: Gps62

Default Gps62

Aloha,
    Is the board still alive?

I've not done much caching in the past year. But lots of hiking.

Anyway. The back door on my GPSmap 60Cx is no longer water tight. Thinking about a replacement if Garmin can't sell me a new back.

Anyone using the GPS62? Is the antenna as good as the old 60?

Talking Re: Gps62

I have been using a 62s for awhile and I really like it! Although its outside appearance is similar to the 60 series, there is a bit of a learning curve involved. (I used the 60s previously) But for geocaching I think it's spectacular. It's perfect for paperless caching since you can download cache pages and read them as you search. It might be overkill though if you just need something to give you good coords and basic stuff like tracks. I'd say the accuracy is the same on both. I have geocached with my phone too but will never consider it to be as accurate as a dedicated gpsr!

Yeah-- poor forum! I just look occasionally now.... maybe with this thread other folks can put in some other suggestions for you. It looks like there is only a little rubber gasket thingy as a seal on the back. Might that be replaced? Or do you just want a new toy ???

Cool Re: Gps62

Oops, I meant I had the 60Cx, the same one you have. Actually I still have it as a backup unit

Default Re: Gps62

Thanks Jools, love the "new" GPS. It's about 5-6 feet more accurate than my old one. Go figure that.

Default Re: Gps62

You're welcome
    (In case anyone is wondering, CRider has taken over ownership of my trusty ole Garmin Map60cx)
    Happy trails to you!