Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone Shopping

Sept. 2, 2012 Sunday

I need help in looking for a TMobile Mytouch Q U8730 (website), slider keyboard, we are now under no contract, cuz we got tired of paying close to $200.00 a month!. GRRR!.

Yes we can also go to a different route, & still be a bit cheaper, but ...

This way with no contract, we will only pay probably between $105.00 to $110.00 (for 2 people) as oppose to $200.00, or maybe over $150.00 with a new 2 year plan.

we'll see how that goes with the no contract for the time being.

Yes it will be expensive, I am looking around to spend up to $200 to $300 the most. Nothing more.

We may bend over back wards for the price of $400, if we have to.

I have looked in the internet & can't find find it. All I have seen are accessories, I don't need accessories yet.

And, oh, I hope they also accept American Express credit card too.

Hope you have better luck than me.

Thank you in advance .

Aloha.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: TMobile Mytouch Q U8730

Sept. 16, 2012 Sunday 10:22 pm

I found a website that sold it for $249.00, BUT..

the ad said it is used , should I get it & chance it?

It does have phone numbers, maybe I should call & find out more information on the phone itself, & how used it is?
    Aches & Pains

Comment

Re: TMobile Mytouch Q U8730

Originally posted by Serenity View Post

Sept. 16, 2012 Sunday 10:22 pm

I found a website that sold it for $249.00, BUT..

the ad said it is used , should I get it & chance it?

It does have phone numbers, maybe I should call & find out more information on the phone itself, & how used it is?

Oct. 02, 2012 Tuesday 6:58 pm

OR, should I wait for a Black Friday? & may get better chances on purchasing it on a lower price?

Any one??? what do you think??
      Aches & Pains

Comment

Cell Phones

Nov. 24, 2012 Saturday 2:38 pm

I am looking for good or the top of the line Cell phones, what is your best suggestions? (in regards to TMobile 4G slider keyboard cell phones)...

TMobile concord (?)

TMobile Blaze(?)

mytouch QU8730 (?)

Samsung Galaxy S Relay (?)

other android cell phones (?)

OR Other(s)?? ___________ (?)

Why &/or why not??

Hubby & I have switched to non contract plan, got tired of the company charging us an arm, & a leg, for our monthly bill (in other words, up the ying yang bill).

Searching for non contract, unlocked, prepaid cell hones..

Any places where where you can recommend us to get it cheap? in store? &/or internet?

I have been searching & so far no luck .

Maybe you will have better luck than me?

Hope to hear back from you soon.
        Aches & Pains

Comment

Re: Cell Phones

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
          I am looking for good or the top of the line Cell phones, what is your best suggestions? (in regards to TMobile 4G slider keyboard cell phones)... Searching for non contract, unlocked, prepaid cell hones.. Any places where where you can recommend us to get it cheap? in store? &/or internet?
          "Top of the line" and "cheap" do not go together. And none of the phones I would consider "top of the line" are easy to get without a contract, unlocked, and on pre-paid plans. It'd be easier to find a unicorn. A blue unicorn with a solid-gold horn.

Of course, you can get a "top of the line" unlocked phone without a contract if you pay retail price: $649 for an iPhone 5, for example, or $499 for a Galaxy Nexus, and so on. The way you get $99 and $199 smartphones is to subsidize it over the course of a two-year contract. A lot of people do pay full price to stay off contracts, then put in prepaid SIM cards... but that's a huge up-front cost.

Yes, smartphone plans (i.e. plans with data service) are "up the yin yang" expensive. My monthly bill is well over $200 (albeit for four smartphones). Broadly speaking, T-Mobile probably has the lowest plans, but has a smaller and slower network compared to the biggest players (Verizon and AT&T).

And if you're looking for a "slider keyboard" phone, your options are even more limited (and generally less than good). Even Blackberry, the keyboardiest of the keyboard-friendly smartphone makers, is largely giving up on actual physical buttons for keys. Touchscreen keyboards are all you'll find on "top of the line" smartphones.

In short, your options will explode with a bigger budget and without the keyboard requirement. If you want both cheap and a "slider" keyboard, you'll be shopping in the nether regions of the market, and apart from going into phone stores to play with them, you're going to be crossing your fingers when browsing eBay or Craigslist.

Comment

Re: Cell Phones

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            Yes, smartphone plans (i.e. plans with data service) are "up the yin yang" expensive. My monthly bill is well over $200 (albeit for four smartphones).
            Actually, the key factor isn't the number of devices you have on a data share plan. (AT&T and Verizon both allow up to 10 devices.) More important is how much total data is alloted. That determines how much and how often you're able to tap into any function that requires data streaming when you're not in a wifi zone.

Broadly speaking, T-Mobile probably has the lowest plans, but has a smaller and slower network compared to the biggest players (Verizon and AT&T).
            True, AT&T and Verizon both offer true 4G LTE service. But as compensation, Sprint and T-Mobile offer unlimited data to new customers. For now, at least.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: Cell Phone Shopping

I just noticed that the iPhone may be coming to T-Mobile early next year. Do cell carriers tend to run specials when they first offer the iPhone? I've not paid any attention over the years 'cuz I haven't been interested in a smart phone. 'Til now!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                I just noticed that the iPhone may be coming to T-Mobile early next year. Do cell carriers tend to run specials when they first offer the iPhone?
                On the price of the iPhone itself, no. Contract or full retail, Apple pretty much keeps the price the same across the board. It's the service plan charges and terms of the various providers that you can go shopping around for.

BTW, if you're seriously thinking about buying a smartphone for use with T-Mobile, keep in mind that they do not offer LTE service. Even though they advertise their system as being "4G" in commercials, it is not comparable in speed to AT&T and Verizon's 4G. So do take into consideration that if you purchase flagship models like the iPhone 5 or a Samsung Galaxy S3, you will not be able to take advantage of those device's 4G capabilities. I advise my friends against buying top-of-the-line smartphones if they plan on using it with either T-Mobile or Sprint.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Thanks, FM. I just searched on 4G and LTE and read a bit but it honestly went right over my head! Does it mean an iPhone would be slower on Sprint and T-Mobile? I currently have an old-fashioned, LG, clam shell phone. I'm thinking anything will be an improvement! I currently use an iPod touch as an iPhone without the phone feature! It's wifi only and I rarely find a hot spot so am looking to go network. Since I'm a Mac person an iPhone makes sense.

My bad for not clarifying my original question. It was related to service plan packages.

Appreciate your help.

Comment

On the iPhone coming to T-Mobile, don't hold your breath. There've been persistent rumors that this was going to happen for almost three years now. My coworkers held out for as long as they could, pressing poor telephone support folks for any hints, before finally jumping ship to Verizon to get it. The last thing I read was T-Mobile explaining why they don't carry it -- and offering no hint that they will anytime soon.

What T-Mobile is doing, officially, is courting people who've paid off their iPhone plans on other carriers to move over to them. But yes, those will usually not have any 4G/LTE/better than 3G data service (though they're working on upgrading).

Comment

I've even heard rumors that Mobi will carry the iPhone next year! Do any of you HTers use an iPhone with Sprint? If so...reviews?!

Comment

http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/veriz...180806387.html

This comes from Consumer Reports.

Comment

On the iPhone coming to T-Mobile, don't hold your breath. There've been persistent rumors that this was going to happen for almost three years now.
                          Of course, right on cue...

T-Mobile subscribers may get iPhone at last

If it happens, I know a lot of my long-suffering T-mobile subscriber friends will be dancing in the streets. I just feel like I've heard this so many times, it's almost silly to be hopeful again.

Comment

I found a store that sells mytouch Q U8730 with the sliding keyboard, My hubby & I got it for $248.00, I am extremely happy now !!.

I don't have to look any more .

Thank you for those who helped.
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                            X