• Show
Clear All

Re: The '12 DNC.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    He shoots ... he scores!
    Chick Hearn, used to say, "he's yo-yo ing the ball up and down."

Are we all bored today or what?
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
      Its not likely Romney would ever come up with any jobs program other than cutting even more taxes for billionaires, ...
      Actually, I think Romney would come up with a jobs program of some sort, if the economy didn't improve on its own. Those billionaires will understand that their own prosperity depends on having workers to buy the goods that their businesses sell. They're not dumb -- just amoral. It's those of us who don't contribute enough to their bottom lines who better watch out.
      Greg

Comment

You really would think they'd understand that. It seems so obvious: who do you want walking into your store, a bunch of poor people who can only afford to gawk, or prosperous middle class people who are eager and able to buy your stock? But often people, especially Republicans, just let their prejudices rule, even if Obama gave them a cure for cancer they'd find something to bitch about. Everything worked so well under the liberal regime. Remember how cheap University of California was? It made sense: you graduated all these well educated well payed tax payers, it was better than self financing, it more than paid for itself. Oh well, I could go on. Why abandon success? WHY???

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
          Remember how cheap University of California was? It made sense: you graduated all these well educated well payed tax payers, it was better than self financing, it more than paid for itself.
          Exactly Lopeti! I am an example of that strategy.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

http://now.msn.com/michael-stipe-of-...during-the-dnc

Fox News has Rapid Eye Movement. So, I guess they can sample their song.

Comment

Tulsi Gabbard is on a panel discussion now on MSNBC -- "UP w/ Chris Hayes", Sunday from 2-4am our time. Among other things, she got to talk briefly about her conversion from an earlier conservatism.
              Greg

Comment

Working...
              X