Jason Suapaia for City Council, district 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Suapaia for City Council, district 6

It's so out of character for me to start a political thread, especially to praise a candidate! But, here I am, praising a wonderful friend and colleague of 19 years, Jason Suapaia. He's running for Tulsi Gabbard's vacant seat so has little time between now and Nov. 6 to get the word out.

I'm so proud of him for wanting to make a difference when he's the busiest person I know! Yes, I know all candidates throw their hats in the ring because they want to make a difference. Well, most! And there are certainly candidates with more political experience than Jason. But, this kid is a born leader; bright, articulate, MORAL. For you District 6 voters, here's his bio from his new Facebook page:

"Recently marking his 19th year in the Hawaii Film Industry, Jason has been heading up a team of creative professionals as President & Executive Producer at the Hawaii based 1013 Integrated (formally Pacific Focus Inc).
    (www.1013integrated.com)

Jason is a creative problem solver and innovative team builder [tutusue's emphasis!] with 14 years of experience in managing staff, creative professionals, and associates. He has a successful record in growing and improving the profitability, performance and value of his company and it’s people.

He welcomes the challenges of organizational adaptation, improving communication channels, cultivating strong partnerships, and managing projects through to completion.

He has been a part of the Pacific Focus Inc./1013 family since 1993, starting out as a tape operator and working his way up to Partner and President in 2007.

He has personally produced projects for a wide range of clientele, both locally and nationally. A few off the list, Hawaii Visitors and Conventions Bureau, Hilton Hotels in Hawaii, Disney Aulani Hotel, National Geographic, ABC Entertainment, HBO Productions and Revolutions Studios.

Jason is currently a Pacific Century Fellow. He was selected as one of 38 community and business leaders of the Class of 2012. The objective of The Pacific Century Fellows Program is to develop leaders with a greater awareness and sensitivity to the people and institutions of Hawaii.
    (http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n....html?page=all)

He was also honored to be selected as one of 40 professionals of the Forty Under 40 Class of 2011. Each year Pacific Business News honors 40 of Hawaii's best and brightest young Business people.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/n....html?page=all

Jason currently serves as Board President for the Film and Video Association of Hawaii. "FAVAH" is a not-for-profit professional organization dedicated to the advancement of the motion picture, video and allied production industries. A strong voice and advocate since 1989, FAVAH’s triple mission is to provide support, education, and outreach for the industry.

Since 2001, Jason has served as a professional advisor for the Communications Arts Program at Honolulu Community College from which he graduated. He is routinely asked to participate as a speaker and advisor on class projects and student work. The program prepares students for entry level employment in such disciplines as graphic design, advertising design, and digital photography.

From 2005 to 2012, he volunteered monthly at Holy Trinity Catholic Church as a CCD (Confraternity Of Christian Doctrine) Group Leader and Mentor for 7th and 8th Graders.

Jason has been giving back to his High School alma mater by serving as an advisor since 2002 for Kaiser High School’s communication, arts and technology program. There, he has mentored video production students and provided insight to a career in media production.

And in 2001, Jason was a Member of the Digital Media Arts Advisory Council for The Department of Education, where he advised on the structure of the Digital Media Arts Content and Performance Standards for the 'Pathways Program.'"

Oh, and it's even more out of character for this District 4 voter to offer to be a sign waver...but I have 'cuz I so believe in this terrific kid.
    Attached Files

Re: Jason Suapaia for City Council, district 6

Tutu, it sounds like he has good bona fides, but what are his positions on key local issues?
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Just like I did with the biography, I'm much better copying and pasting his words than interpreting and possibly getting his words wrong. Once they're in black and white I'll post them here. I'm working with him tomorrow so I'll ask him when his positions might be available in writing. You must be in district 6...in Mexico...matapule!!! In the meantime, it's about name recognition.

Comment

Matapule does ask an important question. If nothing more, I would like to know what his position is on the rail issue.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I wanna know where Jason stands re: Tom Berg's crazy behavior!

Comment

I'm doing my homework today before walk-in voting. Suapaia is for rail but cautions that the city needs to proceed carefully, making sure regulations are met so we don't up with situations like the current halt in construction. He didn't answer the Civil Beat questionnaire, but his website hits that issue first, something I appreciate.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I realized I neglected to come back here and post Jason's web site. This photo jogged my memory! It's from today, on Facebook.
              I was sign waving on the corner of Liliha and Wyllie this morning and met Lynn Vasquez. Mahalo for sharing your mana'o with me and for your support! And thank you to the residents of the area for your shakas and ALOHA!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X