Thread: HT blocked by SonicWall

Default HT blocked by SonicWall

While waiting for my car at Pflueger this afternoon I tried to log on to HT with my own laptop. This is what I got! Usenet? Really, SonicWall?!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: HT blocked by SonicWall

Is this using your own ISP or the dealer's internet access? If it is the latter, then perhaps Pflueger has put in a block to keep accessed content "family friendly".
    I'm still here. Are you?

It was the dealers internet. It's interesting to me that HT is considered usenet!

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    It was the dealers internet. It's interesting to me that HT is considered usenet!
    Could be someone at Pflueger doesn't like HT. This Sonic Wall thing is run by Dell and they have all kinds of security protocols associated with it.

Sonic Wall
    http://www.sonicwall.com/us/en/

http://www.sonicwall.com/us/en/produ...e.html#tab=cfs

Mitigating risks of unrestricted access.

Dell SonicWALL CFS helps reduce the risks incurred by not restricting employees, students, or other users from accessing websites that are inappropriate or offensive, especially when there is a legal responsibility and obligation to keep the workplace free from offensive material. In addition, unrestricted access drains productivity by promoting wasteful Web surfing. Unrestricted access often leads to infection by viruses, spyware and malware, since many of the sites that are contained in blocked categories are common sources of malicious attacks. Installing a content filtering solution can eliminate these and other problems.
    It would seem like the subscriber to the service can pick and choose what to filter. Perhaps HT is "wasteful web surfing"....
    I'm still here. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    It would seem like the subscriber to the service can pick and choose what to filter. Perhaps HT is "wasteful web surfing"....
    Ha! Yet Facebook is accessible! Talk about wasteful! I think you're right, Mel...someone at Pflueger must not like HT.

...someone at Pflueger must not like HT.
    TeaBagger!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

I think you're right, Mel...someone at Pflueger must not like HT.
    One only has to do a search of "Pflueger" in this forum, and you will come up with various threads containing discussion (not all of it positive) re: either Jimmy Pflueger or the Pflueger Honda dealership.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.