Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet Another Romney Gaffe

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    If Obama had to do it over again, he wouldn't have said that anyone was clinging to guns and religion.
    If matapule had to do it over again, he wouldn't have said anything that would dispute Frankie.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
      That's a miniscule point to make - everyone, given foresight of the utterly bad results of their words would not 'repeat' them.
      In essence, you're pointing out the obvious! BWOT
      Then in essence, shouldn't this entire thread be considered a waste of time in your view? That Romney made a gaffe by uttering his 47% comment in a place and circumstance where he could easily be recorded surreptitiously,.... isn't that pointing out the obvious?

But no.... you single out my post as being a BWOT. Talk about a classic case of you not being able to see the forest for the trees.

Not one of your better moments, Ed.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
        Wow, somebody had a video camera going when Romney spoke to wealthy supporters in Florida last May. You have probably already seen the video, its him accusing 47 % of the population that does not pay federal income tax of being worthless parasites who do not "take responsibility for their own lives."?
        Huh?
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

FM,

No, though I do think this thread is misdirected - Romney's 'gaffe' here is what he truly believed at that moment - that's one reason his candidacy is fraught with ambivalence. Another is the "We will lower your taxes while cutting the deficit and speeding the recovery" guiding promise the Republicans are standing on in this election. George Washington boy scouts, every one of them - God bless their souls in Hades.

Well, they can't all be better moments.
          Last edited by salmoned; September 20, 2012, 09:00 AM.
          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
            But the truth is, is that, our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress, uh, when there's not evidence of that in their daily lives.

My that sounds familiar. Isn't that what he said 4 years ago? Hope and Change? I guess it's still a challenge - no progress.

Originally posted by Obama View Post
            (...)they cling to their guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or ... uh, anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

People are protesting this for the wrong reason; they think they are being insulted. Actually, if you analyze this, what is he telling us?

He is telling us about the things he doesn't like, the things he is against: guns, religion, prejudice and protest.

I think Frankie is being quite fair. Both candidates accidentally told us where they stand.

Romney is against supporting the needy.
            Obama is against freedom.

From their own mouths.
            ~ ~

Comment

Kaonohi, I know it looks to you like Obama and Romney are just a couple of incompetent campaigners, but I assure you that is not the case (as evidenced by their prior successes). You can misinterpret any statement you wish, but you can't make anyone else see your buffoonery in a positive light. I almost feel as sad for you as I did for Clint when he gave his empty chair speech.

Comment

Kaonohi, I know it looks to you like Obama and Romney are just a couple of incompetent campaigners, but I assure you that is not the case (as evidenced by their prior successes). You can misinterpret any statement you wish, but you can't make anyone else see your buffoonery in a positive light. I almost feel as sad for you as I did for Clint when he gave his empty chair speech.
                I never said they were incompetent campaigners.

Well, you found a statement you wished to misinterpret, but I won't call you names, nor will I try to degrade you with false sympathy.
                ~ ~

Comment

You wrote they said something 'accidentally' while campaigning and I wrote that they're not so incompetent as to do such a thing.
                  Are you beginning to understand English, yet? I never wrote that you wrote that they are incompetent campaigners, so stop pretending as if I did. You are simply misinterpreting everything, apparently. Move over, Clint. [No names have been called on either side, FYI, and I'm not calling you Clint now.]
                  Last edited by salmoned; September 20, 2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

You said they said something 'accidentally' while campaigning and I said they're not so incompetent as to do such a thing.
                    Are you beginning to understand English, yet?
                    Are you? It's a very complex language, you know.

In fact, saying something is different from being told something.

Saying "you can't make anyone else see your buffoonery..." is calling me a buffoon, calling me a name.

I'm sure you won't tell me - if you stick to form, that is - but what was it I did to hurt you that is causing you to be so 'uncharitable' towards me?
                    Last edited by Kaonohi; September 20, 2012, 04:33 PM.
                    ~ ~

Comment

You wrote they said something 'accidentally' while campaigning and I wrote that they're not so incompetent as to do such a thing.
                      Are you beginning to understand English, yet? I never wrote that you wrote that they are incompetent campaigners, so stop pretending as if I did.
                      What kind of doubletalk is this? You wrote "I know it looks to you like Obama and Romney are just a couple of incompetent campaigners ..." If you didn't think Kaonohi said they were incompetent campaigners, how could you possibly reach this conclusion? How are you at understanding English? Who is the buffoon here?
                      Greg

Comment

That's funny. Here, I'll fill in some details for clarity:

'Kaonohi, I know it looks to you like Obama and Romney are just a couple of incompetent campaigners since you've said 'Both candidates accidentally told us where they stand' while making campaign speeches, but I assure you that is not the case (as evidenced by their prior successes). You can misinterpret any statement you wish, but you can't make anyone else see your buffoonery in a positive light. I almost feel as sad for you as I did for Clint when he gave his empty chair speech.'

Okay, as you can see, Kaonohi implied they were incompetent campaigners by saying 'Both candidates accidentally told us where they stand', he didn't outright say they were incompetent. My bad if accidentally telling voters anything they don't intend to say during a campaign speech doesn't equate to incompetence in your book, it sure does in mine.

Finally, I noted Kaonohi's statement as buffoonery, there's no suggestion that the person is a buffoon. As a person, you're probably a fine, upstanding individual. Your statement was buffoonery. See the difference? I'm characterizing the action, not the individual. That's not name-calling.
                        Last edited by salmoned; September 20, 2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Finally, I noted Kaonohi's statement as buffoonery, there's no suggestion that the person is a buffoon. As a person, you're probably a fine, upstanding individual. Your statement was buffoonery. See the difference? I'm characterizing the action, not the individual. That's not name-calling.
                          In which case, can terrorist acts then be committed by people who are not necessarily terrorists?

Comment

Life Imitates Art...

Remember several weeks ago when the topic of Andy Griffith's death came up and his film "A Face In The Crowd" was discussed? A mike was deliberately left on after one of his character's TV shows and the public heard him say what he really thought about them. "Why, he's a monster!", cried one former fan. So much like that Romney video, yes? The middle class finally sees what the rich privileged elite really think about the middle class. You can't just write off 47% of the population, or if you do you better be sure there aren't any recording devices.

Character development. Lonesome began as a country innocent with some raw, folksy talent. He was not a bad person, but his success in the big city corrupted him, he was corrupted by the business and political games as they are played, the big city grew his evil and he grew into an evil character. There was a lot to that movie. Romney I have never thought of as an evil person, just a member of the Lucky Sperm Club, I mean all of us could have done splendidly if we had inherited a million dollars as kids. Shielded by his wealth and social position he never got a clue how the other half lives. He seems to have done a pretty good job as gov. of Massachusetts, now he even proclaims pride as father of Obamacare. Like saving Detroit. His series of mistakes is not good. A mistake here and there is understandable, but a whole series of serious ones? Not good. The presidency requires a cool head, deliberation, patience, and if you want to cure a recession you sure don't go back to the policies that got you there in the first place.
                            Last edited by Kalalau; September 21, 2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Lopeti, you are being way too logical and clear thinking.

Blessed Be
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

That's funny. Here, I'll fill in some details for clarity:

'Kaonohi, I know it looks to you like Obama and Romney are just a couple of incompetent campaigners since you've said 'Both candidates accidentally told us where they stand' while making campaign speeches, but I assure you that is not the case (as evidenced by their prior successes). You can misinterpret any statement you wish, but you can't make anyone else see your buffoonery in a positive light. I almost feel as sad for you as I did for Clint when he gave his empty chair speech.'

Okay, as you can see, Kaonohi implied they were incompetent campaigners by saying 'Both candidates accidentally told us where they stand', he didn't outright say they were incompetent. My bad if accidentally telling voters anything they don't intend to say during a campaign speech doesn't equate to incompetence in your book, it sure does in mine.

Cool. I accept. Rapiers with no second works for me.

I accepted you (and asked you to be a 'Friend') long ago. I appreciate your honesty, but I do expect it to be clear. What are friends for?

Sh1t. I don't see any difference. I doubt that I'm a fine, upstanding individual, but I hardly can see myself as a buffoon. How? Why? I say what I believe and what I have learned. I don't know everything, but I neither pretend to.

So far you have labeled me as a terrorist and a buffoon. If you are really a friend (as our connection implies), you will elucidate - or you are no 'friend.'

OK, the action..... not what I read. Take a minute to explain, - for a friend - OK?

I never said they were incompetent campaigners; if anything I would have said they were incompetent leaders, or politicians..... But I may be wrong.
                                (See, I can admit I might have made a mistake!)

Too lazy to look back.

What worries me most is your unceasing attack. What is that all about?
                                I appreciate the criticism of a 'friend,' but that is NOT what I see here.

~ ~

Comment

Working...
                                X