Replacing cracked screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing cracked screen

I have a 13" Macbook Pro with a cracked screen. Does anyone have a suggestion for an independent repair person who might not charge Apples proverbial arm, leg and 1st born?! TIA

Re: Replacing cracked screen

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    I have a 13" Macbook Pro with a cracked screen.
    YOU DIDN'T! You were watching a clip from Faux Gnus at the time weren't you?!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I'm busted!

Comment

I've been directed to CyberLife PC on Liliha and am on my way there now. The phone estimate is doable. Let's see if the "live" estimate is the same!

Comment

Hope that the repair worked out. If not, or if anyone else needs a resource, I've had a good experience at iSpenser. They replaced the bum screen on my 1st gen iPad for $154 out the door (Apple store offered me a remanufactured one for $279).

iSpenser is at the Sam Sung Plaza on Keeaumoku Street.

Comment

Thanks, FJ. I tried iSpencer and had the same results as the one star reviews on Yelp...no one answers the phone, no one returns email inquiries, store doesn't open when it says it will. To be fair, there are several 5 star reviews, too, including one from PZ. But my experience rated only one star. This was prior to my cry for help on HT. Fortunately, my live estimate at CyberLife PC was less than the phone estimate! Just waiting for the part to come in.

Comment

I won't be so cold so as to revoke my review of iSpencer, but I've started recommending Tech Armor (a kiosk on the ground floor of Ala Moana Center, mauka side) instead.

When iSpencer moved from Kakaako to Keeaumoku, it turned into some kind of a clubhouse for surly gamers or something, and the last two times I was in there, I felt like I was interrupting some secret hardcore anime screening. Meanwhile, I've taken three iGadgets to Tech Armor since, and they've been nice, communicative, and affordable.

Comment

PZ...Is Tech Armour pretty close to Foodland? I was told by a diehard Mac person to go to the kiosk near Foodland, mauka side. I was there last week and it turns out they no longer fix laptop issues as the guy who used to fix them left and is working independently. Can't remember if they're continuing to fix other iGadgets as I only inquired about my MacBook. Updating your Yelp review would be truthful, not cold!

Comment

Working...
                X