MY pet peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MY pet peeves

It's not B*LL SH!T, Serenity. It can be a hazard. If you're renting in a condo building, oil spills will probably be addressed in the house rules and, possibly, with fines involved. If it's an apartment building, ask the landlord if any rules apply. If the parking stall is under cover, ask if you can put an oil pan with a layer of kitty litter under the leak until you can get the car fixed. It never hurts to cooperate.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      It can be a hazard.
      Why is that?
      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        It's not B*LL SH!T, Serenity. It can be a hazard. If you're renting in a condo building, oil spills will probably be addressed in the house rules and, possibly, with fines involved. If it's an apartment building, ask the landlord if any rules apply. If the parking stall is under cover, ask if you can put an oil pan with a layer of kitty litter under the leak until you can get the car fixed. It never hurts to cooperate.
        That may be true, but, the point I was making, is that, its not like we're blind that we could not see it, & others have caused leaks on their lot too, & seems like were are the only one that is pointed out to our leaks, & no one else has leaks except us?? , & the care taker acts as if we can get the leaking fixed at a moment's notice & its fee??? it cost about $500 to fix a leak (when it is found), that my hubby doesn't have right now, & he already knows how to get the stain off of the ground parking lot, its just a matter of having the time to do it, is the problem. He can get it removed cheaply, he just needs to get the stuff for it, so I can help him scrub it out.

I would rather help him scrub it out which would be faster than a single person taking forever to do it.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
          Why is that?
          Someone could be carrying bags, not able to look down, cut across empty parking stalls and slip on the oil. <raising hand!> I'm not the only one, either! It becomes a liability issue.
          Originally posted by Serenity View Post
          That may be true, but, the point I was making, is that, its not like we're blind that we could not see it,
          It's the manager's/caretaker's job to point out the issue especially if it's been there for awhile.
          & others have caused leaks on their lot too, & seems like were are the only one that is pointed out to our leaks,
          "Seems like"? Do you know for a fact that the caretaker has not notified the other car owners?
          & no one else has leaks except us?? , & the care taker acts as if we can get the leaking fixed at a moment's notice & its fee???
          "Acts as if"? What has the "care taker" (that's different than a property manager or landlord who has the right to bring situations like this to the tenant's attention) said to you, exactly?
          it cost about $500 to fix a leak (when it is found), that my hubby doesn't have right now, & he already knows how to get the stain off of the ground parking lot, its just a matter of having the time to do it, is the problem. He can get it removed cheaply, he just needs to get the stuff for it, so I can help him scrub it out.
          If the caretaker is complaining to you "all the time" that sounds to me like it's been an ongoing problem that you haven't addressed.
          I would rather help him scrub it out which would be faster than a single person taking forever to do it.
          When my car leaked and I was notified by management, I poured kitty litter over the oil, let it sit for a few hours then swept it into a bag. I did this by myself. No problem. When I had more time I poured some soap and water on the stain and scrubbed it with a broom. The process took nowhere close to "forever". I put the aforementioned oil pan filled with kitty litter under the leak until I could get it fixed. The entire process was quick and easy. Really.

Serenity...I understand this isn't a fun chore and the problem could easily repeat itself until you get the car fixed. The fact is you've been asked to clean up the oil, you haven't and the caretaker is getting impatient. My guess is she's probably just as impatient with the other tenants' oil spills, too. If you put the effort into remedying the problem instead of complaining about it, you'll have one less stressor in your life.

Comment

My pet peeve is...

having to live in this building, but my hubby likes it cuz it close to a few places & its quiet.

I totally dislike one of my neighbor, cuz she is retired, & has no life at all, but only takes care of her nephew's kid, go shopping, & finds ways to make my life miserable !!!. she just needs to get a life!!. She just needs to stop interfering in mine!!.

I told my mom about her, & my mom said that "she is probably having a bad Menopause" .

Both my mom & my hubby told me that I should try not to let her get to me &/or under my skin. Sometimes it is easier said than done.

My mom also told me that "it is somewhat like facing a dog, The more the dog senses your fear the more it attacks." Then I responded with , that she is just as ugly too. LOL. :-D . My mom said that "every time the dog snarls, just ignore it."

Is there a way for me to call the dog pound?? she doesn't seem like she is registered. LOL :-D .

by the way, she is a single/divorce woman living in a small apartment by herself (in this building). Just because she doesn't have anyone in her life, doesn't give her a reason to take it out on me. :'-(
            Last edited by Serenity; February 24, 2013, 05:25 PM.
            Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
              My pet peeve is...

having to live in this building, but my hubby likes it cuz it close to a few places & its quiet.

I totally dislike one of my neighbor, cuz she is retired, & has no life at all, but only takes care of her nephew's kid, go shopping, & finds ways to make my life miserable !!!. she just needs to get a life!!. She just needs to stop interfering in mine!!.

I told my mom about her, & my mom said that "she is probably having a bad Menopause" .

Both my mom & my hubby told me that I should try not to let her get to me &/or under my skin. Sometimes it is easier said than done.

My mom also told me that "it is somewhat like facing a dog, The more the dog senses your fear the more it attacks." Then I responded with , that she is just as ugly too. LOL. :-D . My mom said that "every time the dog snarls, just ignore it."

Is there a way for me to call the dog pound?? she doesn't seem like she is registered. LOL :-D .

by the way, she is a single/divorce woman living in a small apartment by herself (in this building). Just because she doesn't have anyone in her life, doesn't give her a reason to take it out on me. :'-(
              Darling Serenity,

You are being manipulated into being a victim.

You need to stop being a victim, or you will lose, big time.

You can "not care," you can be a complainant (with the help of other complainants) - but NEVER fall into being a victim!
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                Darling Serenity,

You are being manipulated into being a victim.

You need to stop being a victim, or you will lose, big time.

You can "not care," you can be a complainant (with the help of other complainants) - but NEVER fall into being a victim!
                Awww, Thank you for the nice reply , unfortunately, I am the only one which it seems that she wants to make me feel like the victim in this building . Perhaps the only thing I can do is to just make pretend she is not there when is trying to be there to anger &/or annoy me.

I don't think neither of us her, & my hubby & I will be moving out any time soon . I am just glad that there is a slab of wall to divide her & I, & that we can't see each other unless one of us steps out the door & see the other only by accident. I hope (maybe someday) she gives up on trying to find ways to annoy (or to anger) me some how.
                Aches & Pains

Comment

My pet peeve remains oversized huge cars & trucks & suvs and how in the name of Christ they always manage to park so close to intersections that there is NO WAY you can see traffic coming without putting your car dangerously out into the intersection. And behold: the people with the hugest vehicles are always the ones who gripe the loudest about gas prices. If you live on a farm or a ranch, or if you work construction or have a huge family or some other reasonable reason for having a huge vehicle, no problem, but you see so many office workers with them. Oh well. Why even let it bother you. Nothing will change. Maybe gas will get as expensive as it is in Europe, then things might change.

Comment

Working...
                  X