Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football

Here's a thread where we can chat about football in general.

For instance:
    I hope you saw the #9 West Virginia vs. #25 Baylor game that just finished. It was easily the best game I've ever seen, college or pros. I'm sure it'll get replayed sometime this weekend, and you don't want to miss it.
    West Virginia won 70-63. That's 133 points and it's football, not basketball.
    WV's quarterback Geno Smith completed 45 of 51 passes, for 656 yards and 8 touchdowns. Note that that's more touchdowns than incompletions!
    Baylor's QB threw for 581 yards, so that's a combined 1,237 yards, just in the air and not including rushing. WOW!
    Check out the box score here, and be sure to watch for the replay.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Football

Too much offense and not enough defense. It's like watching the Pro Bowl.

Comment

As a Duck I am always glad when Oregon wins. My vibes have been wrong the last two games, I vibed that they were going to lose. Chip Kelly has perfected one of the most exciting offenses I have ever seen and the defense is excellent. When I was at Oregon the football team...lets say they could have been a lot better! They'd play in front of an almost empty Autzen Stadium. No marching band, a local rock band would play. A story. Before the UCLA game one year a friend and I were watching the Oregon team practicing. The coach came over to us and accused us of being spies for UCLA. He really wanted to believe UCLA needed to spy. They didn't. The night before the game a friend from LA had a friend who was on the UCLA team and wanted to go drinkin. So we hit Maxie's and he drank us under the table, and at that time, I could drink. Next day, on TV, the UCLA kicker is teeing up the ball for the opening kick off and barfs all over it. How horrible it must have been playing football with blinding hangovers. But UCLA had no problem handling the Ducks that day. How times do change. And they will change again.

The Hawai'i-BYU game was depressing for a couple of reasons: the loss and two serious injuries in the first 7 minutes, I hope those boys come back better than ever.

Comment

I have a related question, but just to stay on topic to begin with - currently living in Oregon, and enjoing both Ducks and Beavers in the AP top ten. Fans are fans here, win or lose, but the fever is on the high end right now.

Other question: will be back in Hawaii early December - want to be able to watch the Seahawks v Bears game 8 am on Sunday, Dec 2 - currently scheduled on FOX. They (and OTWarner) have not picked games that far ahead, and OTW has not yet added NFL Sunday Ticket which would offer any/all games (they're said to be negotiating - esp after adding NFL Channel and Redzone).

Can anyone offer info/advice about sportsbars that do Direct TV (which DOES carry NFL Sunday Ticket) on Sunday mornings?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
          Other question: will be back in Hawaii early December - want to be able to watch the Seahawks v Bears game 8 am on Sunday, Dec 2 - currently scheduled on FOX. They (and OTWarner) have not picked games that far ahead, and OTW has not yet added NFL Sunday Ticket which would offer any/all games (they're said to be negotiating - esp after adding NFL Channel and Redzone).
          KHON (the local FOX affiliate) has not picked which game they will televise that far ahead. Heck, FOX network hasn't even yet assigned the announcing crews to each game for that week. (Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the pair usually announcing the highest profile matchup.) Because Hawaii is not within any team's broadcast territory, the local stations here have free rein to select whichever game will have the most playoff implications at that point in the season.

And I don't know who told you about Time Warner Cable "negotiating" with the NFL for Sunday Ticket. DirecTV has an exclusive deal on the ST package all the way through the 2014 season. Just because TWC struck an agreement to finally televise the NFL Network/Redzone doesn't automatically mean that ST is in the immediate future. Just ask anyone who subscribes to Dish Network, Comcast, Cablevision, etc.

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
          Can anyone offer info/advice about sportsbars that do Direct TV (which DOES carry NFL Sunday Ticket) on Sunday mornings?
          Most sports bars will have ST. You just have to go to an establishment that offers enough TV screens to ensure that there will be a place where you can watch your particular game without running into any sort of conflict. In Waikiki, a couple of ideal candidates are Legends Sports Pub as well as Round Table Pizza.
          Last edited by Frankie's Market; October 8, 2012, 12:16 PM.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Thanks for the information. It was, in fact, an OTW customer service person who told me about 'negotiating,' but she may have been misinformd.

Will scout legends . .

Comment

On one flight over a recruiting coach from Oregon State was in the row behind. The flight attendants all knew him, liked him, gave him super good treatment. He was headed to the So. Pacific to look at talent. A nice guy. What a great job. Saw him on TV in background shots on some Oregon State games.

Its nice when Oregon fans hear over the speakers that OSU is winning their game and cheer for them, that has always been the case as far back as i remember. Autzen's din is so massive it must be bad for your ears. One year Oregon defeated BYU, after the game we drove to the top of Skinner's Butte which overlooks Eugene and some BYU fans were there actually crying. (female fans)

I only got to see a little bit of the SDSU-Hawai'i game. I know Hawai'i can play better than that.

Comment

Working...
              X